Messed-Up Cycles

Emmyjean

Mom to 2 Wee Lads
Reaction score
Hi ladies - I'm freaking out a little and maybe for nothing.

I used to have cycles that were pretty regular and came between 29-34 days apart. About 8 months ago I had a cycle that was a 43-day, and I just brushed it off as an anomaly, knowing those things can happen.

I started working out again a month ago and it seemed to bring my period on early, which I know can also happen - that cycle was only 22 days. I chalked it up to that. Then I JUST got my period today, and that would make this a 27 day cycle.

Sorry for the run-on, but I just wanted to see if this all sounds normal? Or if the deviation is something I should be concerned about? I would have felt better if this cycle had just been a little longer...

That does not sound messed up at all to me, it's perfectly normal when you change your lifestyle that your cycle also changes. If you said you started doing exercise especially, it can definitely have an impact, usually making it a shorter cycle.

As for the longer cycle you had 8 months ago, that also happens, sometimes it can be due to stress or going trough a hard time. Do you remember of anything special happening around that time?

I would stop worrying if I was you, those cycles will most likely settle down in no time :)

Thanks Miaw - it just scared me for a second. My job right now is just a huge mess, I hate it so much and I bring the stress home with me all the time...I'm sure that's not helping me TTC. Yet another reason to look for something else, ha!

Awww so sorry about that, that does sound bad :(
You should def try and look for something else, stress is not good for you or for TTC.

Hey I am sure it is because of stress etc. Before I went on BCPs I had a cycle of 14days!! for the first time ever. My doctor said it was normal as I was worried about something. My cycles now are between 27-30 days which is good for me but I am still adjusting after BCPs so we'll see

Well i'm glad to hear your cycles are back to normal, hopefully it stays like that and there no more weird cycles :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->