Messy!

M

MummyKaya

So my LO is BF and FF but since introducing formula it's becoming a messy affair! He seems to constantly dribble It out of his mouth when taking a bottle so I end up having to bib him AND drape him with a doubled up cloth to save it soaking through his clothes. Are all babies as messy as mine?
He is defintly hungry as when I take it away before he finishes he screams. We use tommy tippie closer to nature bottles with the slowest teat. He doesn't seem to dislike the formula either xxx

maybe the holes in the nipples are to large? have you ever turned them over? or maybe he's just got a really strong sucking reflex and pulling out to much at a time.

Thanks, maybe I'm being really thick but don't understand what you mean by turning them over?? Ahh yes could be his suck, he does go for it sometimes!

My little girl does the same when feeding - very messy! We are using the slowest nipples we could find - tried many brands of the slow ones with different bottles cause she was getting so much milk (even with slow flow nipple) that she was choking on the milk. She would suck faster than she could swallow. So at least she isnt doing that anymore with these different bottles....I don't mind the mess - as long as she seems satisfied.

My LO is the same she as it all over her face and dribbling down her chin. i think she just likes her food and gets excited when she's feeding!

lol i mean turn teh bottle upside down to see if it leaks and how fast. do it over the sink so there isn't a big mess. I had this happen with bottles before even brand new nipples. can give you an idea if it's the nipple or it's your baby :) could just be a strong sucking reflex!

lol i mean turn teh bottle upside down to see if it leaks and how fast. do it over the sink so there isn't a big mess. I had this happen with bottles before even brand new nipples. can give you an idea if it's the nipple or it's your baby :) could just be a strong sucking reflex!

lol thanks blonde moment! Only one if my teats leak so I guess it must be a strong suck! I can only bf with nipple shields as he couldn't latch I guess he's used to having to work extra hard to get the milk. Thanks for the replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->