Met Our Midwife Today

Pops

Proud Mum & Wifey
Reaction score
Our Midwife came to ours today to do our booking and she is really nice.....nuts but lovely!!

She wasn't preachy when she asked about plans on feeding and we said bottle which was a massive relief and she was just generally nice.

Had loads of paperwork to go through and we got our yellow book.

I have been referred for Consultant Care due to a DVT I had when I was 15 but I am not worried as nothing else has ever been a problem, it was one of those freak things.

So yeah, that was a positive experience for us both xxx

Glad you got a nice midwife hunni :):) mine seems like a cow lol

lucky you pops! I dont think I like mine at the moment but I think I'll give her another try... Mine asked about feeding as well, well actually she said 'do you plan on feeding the baby' and I was like, 'uh yeah' thinking in my head how bizarre as of course I plan to feed the baby.... I knew she was referring to breast feeding but just how she said it made me laugh...

That is great! One less thing to worry about. :)

I'm meeting mine on Wednesday morning!!! Aaahhhh, so nervous!! The nurse I met last week was lovely so fingers crossed!! x

i wont be actually seeing mine until some time in jan- she said she would drop my notes off i can fill them in my self as its my second baby (what a joke)
as soon as i answed the phone i recognised her voice - its the same midwife i had with my first and a thought she was rubbish and didnt really care- when lo was 6 days old she did his heel prick test and nearly droped him ARGH what a moose!!! :(

My husband and I are both in the Army, and military docs, obgyns, and midwifes have all acted so horrible and cold hearted to us. They treat us like "Great, more benefits and more hospital visits we have to pay for, now that they are pregnant!". It's horrible. They tell you HOW it's going to be, what you are going to do, and if you have too many questions, they look at you like you are stupid and try to rush you out the door just like another number. I'm hoping we can find a way to switch to a completely civilian hospital. =(

aw glad to hear it went well.... thats great that she didnt get upset by the bottle feeding, being pressured into something is not something you really need to deal with fo the next 9 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->