Metal taste in mouth.

Shortstuff88

Mother of a beautiful boy and gorgeous girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm looking for some advice for those who've had previous experience.
I've began getting a metal taste in my mouth today and not sure whether to be hopeful or not.
I didn't get this with my pregnancy last year so it's not a symptom I'd be familiar with.
Did it taste stronger in certain parts of your mouth or was it just an overall taste? Also how soon after conceiving did you get the taste?

I doubt I am pregnant as I'm on the pill, but I did have some spotting today and some cramps yesterday too.

I have this too, it's terrible. That plus excess saliva and it's miserable. :(

I had this symptom at about week 5 till week 13, I had to practically chew gum 24 hrs. After I ate especially is when it was worse, I still get it sometimes after eating its the worse.

I'm not sure what to think now. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see.
I really doubt I am because I'm on the pill but I did miss a few and I've been feeling a bit odd. Like I did when I was pregnant with my son. Got another few weeks before I can test. But this metal taste is driving me crazy!!

Water is all that helps me when I get like that

And I mean bottles and bottles of water :haha:

its caused by increased iron in your bloodstream(or maybe something i havent learned of yet). the excess iron tastes like blood and metal. i had this at 5 dpo and 6 dpo, then two days later a bfp. never had the metallic taste again but it was on the sides of my tongue and it never went away no matter what i ate or tasted. it went on its own after 28 hours. its called dysgeusia

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->