Metformin and Irregular Cycle

swapna

Reaction score
I have started taking metformin 500 mg daily as my Insulin level after 2 hr glucose was at 70. I had 2 miscarriages before and doctor thinks that metformin may help. I have cycles which range from 35 to 40 days and doc says that metformin helps regulate cycles also.
I have been taken metformin for past 10 days now.
How long cycles would it take to see the effect of metformin in regulating the cycles?

:hi:

Sorry for your losses :hugs:

I've have PCOS and have been put on Metformin also, been on it for 2 weeks today. I started on 500mg once a day, then up to 2, today I start 3 x 500mg. I've had 2 MMC this year and the gynae thinks that my PCOS and high testosterone is the cause, so I'm hoping this helps.

My cycles range from 30-50 days, this month I have started to use a CBFM and today i got a high on CD 10, so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I've heard stories of people whose cycles have regulated really quickly - so fingers crossed for us both.

metformin is a miracle drug !
My cycles use to be 60+ days !!!!
I've been on metformin now for about 2 months and my first cycle was 33 days and this cycle was 36 days :) huge improvement :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->