metformin during pregnancy

kiwilove

Reaction score
Hey ladies,
So I found out I was finally expecting after almost 3 years of trying, sadly ended in miscarriage at 6w2d. My gynae wanted me to continue taking metformin during my entire pregnancy but when I went for a check up with my family doctor she was upset I was still on it and told me to come off it right away and not to take another pill. She told me it was category B which is better not taking during pregnancy whereas category A would be safe during pregnancy. I told her that my gynae told me multiple times that I must stay on it. I didn't listen to my family doctor and I continued taking it. She knows nothing about getting pregnant or pregnancy, I do not trust her knowledge. I trust my gynae 100%.
But now I'm worried about taking it during pregnancy. I have been researching it a lot to try and find out if there is any negative effects on baby if taken during pregnancy. I was hoping you ladies could maybe give me stories on if metformin has any negative effects on baby, or maybe you could point me in the right direction. If anyone has any info please share!!! TIA

I took it all pregnancy with my son. Every single day without fail even the day I was in labour and I have a happy healthy 1.5 year old. I was advised to come off it every appointment and refused point blank and I was on 500mg per day and IF I get pregnant again I'll be doing the exact same thing again.

I had 2 previous pregnancies before my son that were both miscarriages then I took metformin and had my beautiful boy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->