• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

metformin during pregnancy

kiwilove

Reaction score
Hey ladies, (sorry if you have already seen this thread, I posted in ttc forum but had no replies.)
So I found out I was finally expecting after almost 3 years of trying, sadly ended in miscarriage at 6w2d. My gynae wanted me to continue taking metformin during my entire pregnancy but when I went for a check up with my family doctor she was upset I was still on it and told me to come off it right away and not to take another pill. She told me it was category B which is better not taking during pregnancy whereas category A would be safe during pregnancy. I told her that my gynae told me multiple times that I must stay on it. I didn't listen to my family doctor and I continued taking it. She knows nothing about getting pregnant or pregnancy, I do not trust her knowledge. I trust my gynae 100%.
But now I'm worried about taking it during pregnancy. I have been researching it a lot to try and find out if there is any negative effects on baby if taken during pregnancy. I was hoping you ladies could maybe give me stories on if metformin has any negative effects on baby, or maybe you could point me in the right direction. If anyone has any info please share!!! TIA

I was originally told to stay on Metformin for my whole pregnancy, but at around 13-14wks my gyn took me off of it and put me on glyburide instead. She told me that they were not sure if metformin is safe in the third trimester or not thats why I was switched

I think I've just got a bfp but it's faint I'm on met and bromocriptine I don't know what to do will ask my doctor tomorrow and I'll come back and tell u what he says

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->