Metformin support thread

drakey

Trying for the 1st time
Reaction score
Hi

I have just recently started taking 500mg twice a day and started to have side affects already, diorrea been the main one!:blush:
Thought it would be a gd idea to make this thread so we can all share our stories and support each other as i have heard metformin can be very successful! :happydance:

xx

I have been taking metformin on and off for the past year. The past 2 months I have been pretty good. I am supposed to take the same dose you are on but I have only been doing the one tablet daily (500mg). Did you take it for a week or 2 with just the one tab? You can start with one tab or even a half a tab until your symptoms improve.

In the past I have stopped taking several times because the diarrhea and cramping gets so bad. I read about 2 months ago that if you have symptoms to take it in the middle of the meal. I thought it was crazy and wouldnt make a difference but since I have started that- no side effects! I just cant get used to taking it 2x day! I always forget.

Wow just realized this was posted a week ago! Things move slowly on this board! lol- how are you holding up with it since it has been a week?

Hiya

yeh not having much look on this thread, im sure there is more people who are on metformin out there! lol
well the doc told me to just have 1 tablet for the 1st day then from the 2nd day take 2 x 500mg's ... for the first few days i had really bad dioreaha but since then it has settled down and im not having many symptoms now. The doc wants me to go onto 850mg twice a day from the 2nd - 6th month then i should be due for a review with my Endocrinoligist. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->