Metronidazole (antibiotic) - feeling so rough!

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I've been out on an antibiotic called metronidazole for my wisdom teeth. It might be a coincidence but I think it's making me sooo ill :( I only took one the other day and that night I was up all night with a stomach bug and throwing up. Yesterday I had a day off them as I couldn't face another night like that. I felt kind of sick still. Today I started taking them again as my wisdom tooth was in pain. I feel so rough, got diarrhoea - sorry for TMI! Stomach aches and got no appetite and my whole body is aching :(

I've read that some of the side effects include nausea and diarrhoea. Has anyone else had these problems with metronidazole?

I've been told they're safe for me to take with breastfeeding as they're only a low dose. I just hope they don't affect my LO as I feel awful! The side effects are almost as bad as what they're trying to fix!

I'd so love to have a nice hot bath and go to bed! :laugh2:

I just got told under no circumstances to drink alcohol as it will make you violently sick. I didn't really have any unwanted side effects thankfully. Hope you feel better soon xx

Arh hun :hugs: that sucks

Yup it can make you quite sick, but it is a very effective drug, and you can't mess around with tooth infections. They can get really nasty quick.

If I was you I would ring your GP and see if they can either pop you on another AB or give you something to help yout tummy.

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I am on it at the moment for a small infection in my c section wound that wont heal up

I havent had any side effects, make sure you take it with food and dont drink alcohol at all

Go back to the Drs if they're making you that ill and they'll prescribe something else :)

They are fairly strong hun but if you think they don't agree with you, go back for a second opinion
xx

Yeah I got prescribed that at the hospital for a nasty tooth infection, and it made me so ill I couldn't get out of bed. When I saw my dentist, it turns out the hospital had given me double the dose I should have been taking! xx

Ive just got the rest of today and part of tomorrow on them now. Can't wait to finish them, I'm constantly feeling ill and the worst thing is I've still got tooth pain! :hissy: I'm hoping my day off the antibiotics didn't affect how they work! :|

Finally finished these awful things today! I've still got the wisdom tooth pain :( my dad said I shouldn't have skipped a day as this will stop them working. Now I feel like I've been through all this for nothing! :(

Hideous things, I always forget how sick they make me, they give me flu like symptoms, shakes hot and cold flushes and so on.

Hope your feeling better soon :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->