Mia Grace - Born 22nd June 09 weighing 6lb4oz

june09

Mummy to Mia
Reaction score
Well it's taken a while to do my birth story as I was up at the hospital for most of the time after giving birth. But finally got a minute to myself so thought I would do my birth story.

I had been for my hospital tour on the morning and joked that the baby will come now that I had been for the tour. Well the joke turned into reality. It was the sunday night (fathers day) and I had what seemed to be a clear out from around 8ish and also had a show. It got to about 10pm and I started to get the odd pain here and there but nothing really to regular. Then by about 12am the contractions were coming about every 5 mins and lasting about a minute. They weren't extremely painfull and I could cope with them, so I decided to wait before phoning the hospital and see how they went. It got to just after 1am and the pains were getting stronger and I decided I would phone the hospital and see what they suggest. So I phoned and they said to go in and get checked if I wanted to.

I arrived at the hospital at about 2am, I got checked over I was told I was only 1cm dilated and I could go home or stay as It would be ages before anything happened and that I wouldn't get checked again untill 6am and then would probably be transferred to the ward. Anyway I decided to stay as I thought I would worry at home, wondering when I should go back in. Well am I glad I did stay, at 3am my waters had started to go, they were trickling so the midwife asked would i like her to break them completely. So I said yes. She did this, and then the pains were coming much faster and much stronger and getting more and more painful. I didn't have anything for the pain until about 5:30am, when things got alot stronger. So I took that gas and air and although it doesn't take away the pain it somehow just helps take your mind off it. So now things were really moving and at about 6:20am I started to feel like I needed to push, but not that often. Then I don't really remember how fast things went from there but the midwife took the gas and air off me and just told me to push away that pain, so pushing is what I did and by 6:47am My little baby girl arrived. It was painfull but not as bad as I was expecting. I didn't have to have any stiches which surprised me.

It was just the best feeling in the world, holding my baby girl in my arms and just looking at how gorgeous she was.

I had already chosen the name Mia, so I knew straight away that was her name. She was born weighing 6lb4oz and is the best thing that ever happened to me. One look and I was just so in love with her.

We got transferred up to the ward at about 9am. A bit later on I noticed Mia sounded funny with her breathing, I asked a few of the nurses and just got told oh it's normal nothing to worry about. Anyway at about 2pm that afternoon when trying to feed Mia, she just wouldn't take it. So one of the nurses had come over to try help. At this point Mia went blue and then the nurse rushed her to see the doctor. It was terrifying, anyway she ended up in special care where she stayed for almost a week. It turns out she has a problem with a blockage in her nose, and for the first couple of days she could only be fed with a tube as when she was feeding she couldn't get enough oxygen. It was awful seeing her there in the incubator and not being able to just hold her when I wanted. Walking away from her each night was the hardest thing I had ever done. Coming home without her was so hard but I knew she was in the best place. Over the week she made great progress and was able to start being bottle fed, and came out of the incubator and had no need for them to give her oxygen. Then on the saturday the consultant came round and said she could come home, this was brilliant when he said this. Was expecting her to be there for at least a few days longer so I was delighted.

In a few years she may have to have an operation, but at the minute she can cope with her nose the way it is and is doing well. They wont do the operation until she's atleast 3 if it's still necessary as it could do alot of damage if they were to do it now.

It's great to be home with her, and I am enjoying her so much. She's been restless with the hot weather though so theres been plenty of sleepless nights but she's worth it. And everytime I think I am too tired to do any more she gives a little cheeky face and makes me smile again.

Anyway thats enough now, heres a few pics.....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/lauramorris999/DSCF6745.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/lauramorris999/DSCF6752.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/lauramorris999/DSCF6755.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/lauramorris999/DSCF6772.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/lauramorris999/DSCF6799.jpg

She actually looks bigger on her pics than she does in real life.

Congratulations on the birth of Mia!!I am glad she is doing well now after giving you a scare like that!Oh and it goes without saying that I love the name,all the best little girls are called Mia:blush:!x

Congratulations hun - she is gorgeous. Must have been so scary when she was taken away - you are very brave! Glad all is well now. xx

Congratulations! :)

Sorry to hear that she was poorly but glad she's recovering well

Congratulations! I am glad Mia is doing better now.

:hugs:

Congreats shes beautiful i know how you feel my little boy was born with a hole in his heart and i had to get docs alone to check on him when he was 2 days old xx

Gorgeous!!!! Glad shes on the mend now :) Nice quick labour :D

XX

https://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/SNHARLOW/congratulations-2.gif

Congratulations to you! Sorry it's a bit late, you know what it's like when you have a baby!
She is absolutely gorgeous, you must be very proud. Take care :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"