• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Micah?

malia

Trying for #2
Reaction score
My OH is called Michael, and we thought we were decided on our final two names but Micah is growing on me. However, I'm worried about nicknames. I hate all of the nicknames that come with Michael, hence why I wouldn't agree to naming our son after OH
Do you think children would shorten Micah to Mike or anything similar?

I think it can be shortened which is not what you want to hear, but I also think it's likely to be shortened to those names a lot less than Michael would be shortened. Hope you both end up agreeing on a name and it fits him perfectly.

Micah is a nice name. I would not name my kids after anyone either (that's just me). I was named after my grandmother and hated it because I feel like my parents couldn't put more thought into it and give me my own unique name.

My son is named Micah, he's almost 4 and I don't think anyone has ever shortened it. I don't like Mike/Mikey/Mick either. Of course he may choose to shorten it when he is older (but I hope not!)

I get a lot of compliments on his name. People do mishear it as Michael sometimes or if reading they often mispronounce it as 'meek-a' which I hate lol. But I don't ever regret his name, I love it!

I get a lot of compliments on his name. People do mishear it as Michael sometimes or if reading they often mispronounce it as 'meek-a' which I hate lol. But I don't ever regret his name, I love it!

How do you pronounce it? I've only known one but he was meek-a.

Micah is a nice name. I would not name my kids after anyone either (that's just me). I was named after my grandmother and hated it because I feel like my parents couldn't put more thought into it and give me my own unique name.

I'm so glad somebody else feels this way! My OH can't understand that I want him to have his own name that is all his.

My son is named Micah, he's almost 4 and I don't think anyone has ever shortened it. I don't like Mike/Mikey/Mick either. Of course he may choose to shorten it when he is older (but I hope not!)

I do think it is a lovely name, and quite unusual. I don't mind meek-a, but do prefer the mike-uh.

Hmmmmmm we just can't make up our minds!!!

I love Micah too :) I didn't have it as I was worried it would be shortened too.

I pronounce it as meek-uh so Mike would never come to mind.

My cousin's youngest is named Micah (mike-uh) and we never shorten it to anything. It's always just Micah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->