mice- i'm terrified....

lau86

Reaction score
we've got a mouse/ mice in our roofspace. I could hear a scratching noise late and night so called the pest control guy who couldn't see any or any droppings but did see "tail swipes". I'm just really upset and scared, i can be quite an irrational person sometimes and just have visions of hundreds of mice swarming over me, DH and LO. I haven't seen any in the house but I'm scared I will.

We've got bait down in the loft now and have been advised to try and seal up any holes but apart from buying the foam stuff i dont know where to start with this. DH doesn't have a clue either.

i just want them gone..... :cry:

Aw bless ya! I don't have any advice I'm afraid but I'd be exctly the same:(

My sister had a rat in her flat a couple of weeks go and she was petrified too, luckily she managed to get rid. I couldn't bare to have anything like that running around either!
I really hope you manage to sort the problem out some time soon :hugs:
x

we had mice we live in a downstairs flat and saw them in my kitchen, living room and bedroom freaked me right out we bought these traps within 3 days wed caught 4 and never seen them again

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-A...JE/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1337205176&sr=8-15

^mice in London too clever for traps, I tried them with all kinds of baits, and put them in the areas I knew they'd go-I even wore gloves to set them as I read if they smell your scent on the trap then they won't go for it. Nope, none of this worked. I even tried glue traps in my old place and the smart hit somehow managed to eat the peanut butter off it without actually getting stuck. We wasted over £100 getting the council out to put traditional poison down as well and they didn't touch a single grain of that either. The only thing I tried that worked was this clear plastic box which is child and pet proof with a poisonous play-doh type substance in a chamber inside. It took them a week or so to take it but they must've got hungry and what I think were only two mice ate two whole boxes of the poison overnight-needless to say we weren't bothered by them again. This is one reason why I live in a 3rd floor flat now, because everyone we know who has lived in a house or ground floor flat has had serious mice issues especially in London. Manchester mice are horrible too though and they are the hardcore ones that make holes in your wall and chew through wires etc *shudder* xx

I'm petrified of them too, nasty little things. We had them when we moved into our house as it was a new build, as well as traps I bought one of those plugs in wall things that's supposed to scare them out of the house. I wasn't convinced that it would work but after a few months of being mouse free my husband turned it off and we had another mouse shortly after that

we had a field mouse in our kitchen once. we put down a humane trap but no joy. however, it must have just came in by mistake & got stuck then found the way out again cos weve never seen it again. Field mice are only tiny and dont do much harm. Rats are much worse as they chew cables and dirtier as they live in sewers etc.

i didnt want to put down a killing type poison incase they died behind a cupboard or something and i couldnt get it out :sick:

OT but has anyone watched that hoarders program on ch4? Makes me vom.

!! I know what you feel like! I used to be feeding in the middle of the night and would see a little mouse walk into the bedroom and just stare at me. occasionally i'd be eating breakfast and see them run across the kitchen floor. It gave me the heebies! We put mouse traps and D-con every where and have caught a few... haven't seen any evidence of them for a while. i think they're gone :)

We once had a brown mouse in my Mums house.

We tried everything and in the end we tried a good old mousetrap and some SPAM.

It worked *shudders*

V xxx

Gah I've got a rat (or rats) in mine, but the pest control fella couldn't find them! They didn't touch the bait, yet they have no trouble eating through half our clothes :wacko:

I hesitate now whenever I open the bedroom door, one night I opened it to go the loo and a rat about the size of my foot ran right past me, I nearly passed out :sick:

Gah I've got a rat (or rats) in mine, but the pest control fella couldn't find them! They didn't touch the bait, yet they have no trouble eating through half our clothes :wacko:

I hesitate now whenever I open the bedroom door, one night I opened it to go the loo and a rat about the size of my foot ran right past me, I nearly passed out :sick:

OMG I would have to go and live at my mums, I thInk I would have a heart attack. Hope u get rid of the little blighters soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->