Mid cycle bleeding?

littlefishygg

Mum of 1 boy, TTC #2
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced mid cycle bleeding that you can't explain? And then worked out a cause?

I am currently CD 18 but I don't typically ovulate anywhere between CD22-26 and think I will ovulate even later than that this month as I have been really unwell with the flu the first 2 weeks of this cycle.

But this cycle I have had bleeding, like bright red looks like I've cut myself bleeding but is only a small amount (so enough to really wipe clearly but nothing there next time I check like an hour later). It has happened on CD 15 and 18.
I know for a fact that it isn't linked to ovulation because my opks are still practically stark white and my temps are still my normal level for pre ovulation.

Any ideas on what could be causing it? There's no pain, no cramping. I am checking my cervix so thought it could be that but I have been checked my cervix daily for the last 7 months but haven't experienced this before and am not getting any bleeding associated with sex. I should also add that I had a pap smear back in July which came back completely clear so I don't think there is anything awful going on with my cervix.

Hmm. When you said bright red the first thing I thought was "sex". If you're sure it couldn't be that, then I think I would be keeping a close eye and seeing a doctor if it happens again.

There has to be a reason for the bleeding, you don't just suddenly start dropping blood when nothing has happened. So even if it's just a small amount, you need to keep an eye, especially as you are TTC.

(On an off note, I'm also from the UK and had my son at age 22 and am TTC #2 now :) I'm 25. So we're pretty much the same!)

I know you said you've been checking your cervix for ages, but I do still wonder if maybe you just irritated it a tiny bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->