Mid cycle bleeding??

tigerlily83

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I posted this in the health forum but haven't had any replies yet so I thought I would try here, I hope this is ok as I'm not TTC. I'm new here & in need of some advice. On Monday afternoon I had a little bit of blood streaked mucous which I understand is normal when ovulating (which I think I am) but yesterday (Tuesday) I started bleeding. It's not heavy like a period but enough to wear a pad. I also have pain on one side and really sore breasts. My cycles are normally 35 days give or take a day & my last period was 22nd December as that is when I started spotting. So I'm wondering if this bleeding is caused by ovulation & what is the difference between that & mid cycle bleeding? I had my last smear 4 weeks ago & it came back fine. I'd be really grateful if anyone could give me advice, thankyou x

the pain that you are having sounds like it could be an ovarian cyst. i am not sure about the bleeding, though. i would call your doctor and see what he thinks the best thing to do would be. ovarian cysts may bleed when they rupture, not positive though. itd be best to talk to your doc :)

I experienced that throughout the summer, when I had it for about 3 months lingering on and on, my doctor finally told me that I have PCOS, and with PCOS you either have infrequent periods, or the frequency of them, the mid cycle bleeding is not as heavy as the "actual" one but yes it is enough to wear a pad. He also told me that some women go through ovulation with bleeding, so that's something to keep in mind as well. If you don't know what PCO is it stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, I have the syndrome (which is pretty much a hormonal imbalance in your FSH & LH levels, which both control ovulation - ) I don't have the polycystic ovaries though! So there is quite a difference. I am trying to conceive through Clomid as my hormone levels are not really releasing the follicle. I already have two children whom I conceived naturally and this PCOS thingie was recently discovered.

I would suggest you to go and get evaulated by your GYN and have better answers, they will do blood, and possibly an ultrasound! Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->