Mid pregnancy blues

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Is this a thing? The last couple of weeks I went from super happy and excited, and now I'm freaking out and crying and feeling like I wish I wasn't pregnant and bit off more than I can chew. In 20 weeks I'm in charge of keeping a kid alive. I can't even keep plants and fish alive. I'm freaking out and feeling down. Did anybody else feel this way?

I am sort of feeling this way also. I'm not feeling down or freaked out about the pregnancy, but I'm suddenly in a bad mood almost every day. I'm typically a very happy, chipper, upbeat person, but I pretty much am annoyed by everyone and everything these last few weeks and I just want everyone to shut up and leave me alone. I blame it on hormones.

I'm feeling kinda down too. There are a lot of uncertainties, especially cuz we're first timers. And at times, (for me) it doesn't even seem real since hardly anyone knows and I'm not feeling a lot of movement in a massive bump. Also the stress of planning a shower, getting all the baby necessities, taking classes, and then the thought of the single most painful day of our lives. Plus a bit of the gender disappointment.

My emotions started changing around then too. I have started to feel very stressed out and worked up about the fact we have a child coming and what if we aren't ready or we can't afford things. I think it's normal.

I felt kind of like this when i was around 20 weeks, maybe its a new surge in hormones that make us feel this way who knows but it passed after a couple weeks and I'm back to feeling okay again. x

Just before my 20w scan I got very down. Felt like everything was just too much. I ended up signed off and referred for counselling. Happy to report things did improve before the end of my pregnancy but I think being signed off work really helped me. Once I managed to put those stresses aside everything else started to improve

I'm expecting my 2nd boy and wonder how I'm going to cope with a 4 year old and newborn and how my son is going to react although right now he is excited I doubt that will last when he realises baby's are boring and just cry, drink milk and poop and that takes up mummy's time so I won't be able to play cars all day.

He breaks up from playschool the week after my due date! What am I going to do with them both all summer?

I'm also worried the baby will wake my son up at night so I'll have a grumpy 4 year old and newborn yay!

I'm expecting my 2nd boy and wonder how I'm going to cope with a 4 year old and newborn and how my son is going to react although right now he is excited I doubt that will last when he realises baby's are boring and just cry, drink milk and poop and that takes up mummy's time so I won't be able to play cars all day.

He breaks up from playschool the week after my due date! What am I going to do with them both all summer?

I'm also worried the baby will wake my son up at night so I'll have a grumpy 4 year old and newborn yay!

If it helps my two aren't disturbing each other and ds1 room is right next to ours. When we brought ds2 home, ds1 seemed to grow up overnight. He gets himself up in the morning, has a wee, takes his night nappy off and comes into our bed for a cuddle. Juggling both in the day is a challenge but we're getting there. So far no jealousy either, ds1 loves being a big brother

I'm not halfway yet but I hear ya about having pregnancy blues. The past few days I was excited and happy but then today, as if a switch was flipped, I suddenly feel a bit depressed. I don't hate my baby of course but I was second guessing having a fourth and final baby, then I felt guilty for feeling that way. I also don't really care to find out gender this pregnancy when usually I can't wait to find out. I'm sure it is just hormones. I'm sure when baby is here I will be happy again.

Hi Dobby, I came into the forum to see how you are doing actually (since the pregnancy testing threads)
If it helps any, I can't keep fish or plants alive either and I'm having my 3rd :dohh:... I like to think the other 2 are thriving :haha:. It's all those hormones, they really do fluctuate and cause a lot of issues. I am freaking out now having my 3rd, already knowing what to expect and everything and it just doesn't get any less nerve wracking.. it's step 1 to motherhood.. but when LO is here you will know exactly what to do, it will be so natural. Before you know it when he cries you will be saying "he's hungry" or "he's tired" or "he wants to play".. like a regular mind reader :) That is the mommy super power. There may be times that you don't know exactly what he wants because maybe he doesn't know either, but you can rest assured knowing that YOU are what he needs.

With my first I looked into adoption up until the end of the pregnancy thinking maybe I was wrong, maybe I can't do this (I was single) but as soon as he was born he became the light of my life. I knew he was meant to be with me... we are best friends 100%. Hormones are so incredibly mean, but they bring us to the beautiful baby we have been waiting for.. Try to hang on to some of those feelings you had before the hormones stepped in, because THOSE feelings are real.

I do think it's a "thing". I'm definitely feeling it, too. And it's okay! I was NOT responsible before my first baby was born. You grow up - FAST - as long as you make your child a priority. I suggest BFing your baby if you're able to, as it really helps to strengthen that bond and to get your brain in the mindset of protecting and taking care of your baby. :hugs: Either way, it's gonna be just fine. I wasn't able to BF my second-born, and he and I aren't as bonded as I am with my others that I did BF, but I love him and care for him and treat him just the same, and he's very much alive. lol

Ty ladies. I was really worried it might be my anxiety/depression flaring up and maybe an indicator of PPD later. I feel much better this week. Ty!!

I was so happy and feeling well at this time in my first pregnancy. Only issue there was some gender disappointment that I ended up getting over relatively quickly. This time--not so much. I spend a lot of time worrying about how a new baby will impact my freedom and my relationships with my son, husband, pets, friends. I'm more stressed and emotional than is comfortable and it's awfully trying to feel that way when it's not something I'm at all used to. I'm sure for most of us it's just a hump to get over, but certainly hope it doesn't last and especially not to the point that it causes a problem for bonding with baby when it's born.

Dobby I can relate to this a bit.. as another ftm, it scares me so much to think I'm going to be responsible for another human being.. but I see some other woman in general who are parents and I know if they can do it, I'm golden lol. One day at a time I guess..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->