Middle name for Evie?

squirrel.

Happy mummy of three
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

We've pretty much decided on Evie for our little girl due in August. Her brother is Oscar Benjamin. Oscar because we loved it and it's one of the few Dutch names that I have loved from childhood that works well in English too (I'm British, but come from Holland) and Benjamin because it's a family name that litters my family tree! I'm a bit stuck on middle names for Evie though. I like Evie Alexandra or Evie Rose. Alexandra is my middle name and I think it works well.

Any opinions? Which is your favourite or if you have another name you think sounds better? I don't really like names that are too modern or popular. I was annoyed that the year Oscar was born his name was 17th in the top 100 baby names :D I'd liked it since I was a child when my older brother's best friend was called Oskar. Evie is also a name I've loved for the last 10 years or so and it too is gaining popularity!

Thanks for your help ladies!

x

I really like Evie Rose.

When I was pregnant we were pretty set on calling my LO Evie (we changed our minds at last minute) but we'd definitely use it if we ever have another girl. We like..

Evie May
Evie Annabel
Evie Matilda
Evie Margaret
Evie Sophia
Evie Rae
Evie Lynn
Evie Belle
Evie Isabelle

Evie Grace sounds nice too? We're using grace as our middle name so I'm biased hehe

Evie Alexandra is lovely and has the edge for me x

I have an Evie Grace :), we were going to have Mae. Love Evie Rose, but that's my eldest daughters middle name, so I couldn't use it

Sorry looks like I just evened out your poll to 50:50! lol

Both are lovely, I prefer the short-long combination of Evie Alexandra & nicknamey-formal combo of both, but think Rose often gets used as a 'filler' middle name & I like names to be there in their own right IYSWIM! Lol like the link to you too.

Xxx

I voted for Rose - such a pretty combination! Oscar is a cute cute name, too.

When I first saw the name Evie, though, I immediately put the name "Lou" after it. Sounded good to me!

I think 3+ syllable names sounds good with Evie as it's quite short and punchy so it flows nicely with a longer mn :thumbup:
Evie Isabella
Evie Annabel
Evie Alexandra
Evie Olivia
Evie Imogen
Evie Juliet
Evie Georgina
Evie Miranda

Evie is a nickname to me so I would go with

Eva Rose or Eve Rose

then just use Evie as a daily nickname

They're both lovely but I like Evie Alexandra as Rose is a popular middle name xx

Evie Rose is adorable but I went for Evie Alexandra as I think it flows better, plus it's your middle name which lovely:flower:

I was going to say Evie Rose before I even saw your poll, it just sounds so beautiful and feminine :)

BF doesn't know it yet but if my baby is a girl (I just have a feeling baby is a girl) i'm calling her Evelyn, and we shall shorten it to Evie! :) Unsure about a middle name so far..

I was thinking of using a longer form of Evie, but I don't want her official name to be something she isn't. I will never call her Eve unless when she's older she absolutely insists, but I want to give her the official name Evie. Then as a nickname she could make it the more formal Eve or Eva.

Thanks for all the feedback ladies. I think we'll go with Alexandra.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->