Middle Name for Ivy

Trying4Angel1

Mom & preggo with #2
Reaction score
We are for sure naming our baby girl Ivy. we're really struggling with a middle name though. It's tradition in our family to be named after someone. Here are the options, i just don't feel like any of them sound good with Ivy.

Nicole
Carol
Alice
Irene
Rose
Kim
Janelle

Those are all after a family member or someone important to us.. we were going to go with 2 middle names to, but i just don't know.. help.. thoughts?

We are also naming our baby Ivy (if it's a girl), but Ivy is the middle name. We both come from traditions where it's pretty normal for a child to go by his/her middle name, if preferred.

So we're going with Evelyn Ivy. I think those two just sound and look beautiful together and are really poetic.

If you are set on making Ivy the first name, I don't think any of the names you listed work well, so your instincts are right on there. Depending on how many syllables your last name is, I think you need something longer to offset Ivy because it's short and sweet. You could use a longer variation on one of the names you listed though:

Ivy Alyssa (instead of Ivy Alice)
Ivy Caroline
Ivy Nikita or Ivy Nicolette
Ivy Rosaline
Ivy Kimiko (Japanese meaning "a child like no other")

If you must go with one of the relative names on the list, without variation, I think Ivy Irene or Ivy Janelle work best. (Could you get away with Ivy Irena, the Russian version of Irene?)

You obviously have good taste, so I'm sure you'll figure something out. :thumbup:

Ivy Nicole or ivy rose but like Nicole as rose is a fairly common middle name x

I really like Ivy :flower:.

Ivy Rose or Ivy Rosalie sound lovely x

Personally I'd avoid another plant/flower name. Two seems like overkill to me.

I have a friend that just had a baby this week and named her Ivy. They used Norah as the middle name. I love Norah, it's so cute :)

Didnt realise it was two plant/flower names..We have Evie Rose picked out for a girl ? Or maybe you could do something like Ivy June Nicole?

Ivy Rose, beautiful.. Before I read your list I thought of Ivy Rae.

You could do a variation of Janelle and do Ivy Jane Nicole? I really like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->