Middle name for Leo

jessicasmum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi I've just found out today that I'm having a boy, very happy because I have 2 girls and a boy completes our family :D

We are certain we are naming his first name Leo but the problem is a middle name. I really feel we need to give him a middle name as both my daughters have middle names well my 2nd has 2 middle names, their middle names are after grandmother's names. Our grandfather's names we wouldn't use because my husband's grandad his name has been used 5 times in our family and we aren't that keen any way and my grandad name is not a name we like which would of been nice to name him after him but it's a big no no I'm afraid. So my husband is saying after his middle name John which it's nice to do that in a way but I'm not too keen on the name to use. I really love George but my husband is against this, it's after a cat we had, I know not a person but I love the name but he's big time against it. I really don't know what to do, I so want a name to mean something after someone like my daughters are but it's a struggle.

So have any of you any ideas please? My daughters names are Jessica June and Jasmine Ivy Ella, if that helps at all.

Leo Jack
Leo Jacob
Leo Joseph

Ps: congrats on your baby boy 💙

Are there any surnames you could use? That could be another way to honor family if you don't like the first name.

What's the grandad's name you don't like? Maybe there's a variant? What about your father or grandads? Or any middle names?

Congrats on baby boy! Had to reply since we are having a boy & he'll be Leo :)
He's actually Anthony (or Antonio, haven't decided entirely) Leonidas but going by "baby Leo" for now...I'm sure it will be just Leo soon lol

We have an older son named Alexander, so I think that could sound nice as a mm with Leo before it.

Good luck deciding!

Mumof5: Thank you :D All nice middle names, I really like Joseph as a first name but we vetoed all J names for the first name because of already using J for both our daughters first names. Mother in law said to hubby yesterday "oh are you going with J again for the name, I like Jacob" Hubby put her right saying we aren't using J, I don't mind Jacob but prefer Jake, Jack is my nephews and cousin's name we were thinking of Jack as a middle name if my first had been a boy this was before my nephew was born.

Webbles: Not sure about using the surnames, the 2 surnames that are Hancock and Gallacher that are Grandfather's surnames.

Amygdala: My Grandad's name is Cyril. My Dad's name is David and my father in law is Alan but father in law's middle name is David so I have contemplating David and saying it's after both, not sure hubby is on board.

Wish4baby: Thank you :D Congratulations also on your :blue: Leo is such a cute name isn't it.

Leo Sawyer
Leo Maxwell
Leo Daniel
Leo Isaac
Leo Michael

Leo Matthew
Leo Daniel
Leo Thomas
Leo Sebastian
Leo Alexander
Leo Stanley

Thank you for the replies :)

Some names we can't go with are: Thomas, James, Josh, Dylan, Jack, Benjamin. That's all ones I can think of at moment that are a no because these are nephews names and we wouldn't copy.

Hubby is making it hard to pick middle name, he only seems to think to use John after his middle name or if not that will be a name we just like not after anyone, then he says all the names aren't any good.

Leo Cyrus --- somewhat similar to Cyril

Leo Silas -- ooh I love that!! Very handsome and manly. Could be Cilas too if you want to go off of Cyril somehow.

I personally don't think Leo John sounds right.. But Leo George sounds nice, a bit royal with Prince George and all ;)

Leo Alexander sounds nice too!

Good luck on deciding, can't wait to see what you two decide :) the only thing that matters is that you guys like it!

Leo Cyrus --- somewhat similar to Cyril

Leo Silas -- ooh I love that!! Very handsome and manly. Could be Cilas too if you want to go off of Cyril somehow.

I personally don't think Leo John sounds right.. But Leo George sounds nice, a bit royal with Prince George and all ;)

Leo Alexander sounds nice too!

Good luck on deciding, can't wait to see what you two decide :) the only thing that matters is that you guys like it!

I know I really don't think Leo John works, I pull my face everytime hubby says it.
Yeah that's the thing now since prince George.
Leo Henry is a name hubby mentioned a few years back but now seems not so keen.

Leo is such a good name. Congrats on your :blue: bump!

Alternative for George:
Leo Geordi

Alternative to David:
Leo Davis
Leo Davion

Alternative to John:
Leo Vaugn (same sound essentially but no J)

General depending on last name flow:
Leo Grey
Leo Kai
Leo Flint
Leo Abraham
Leo Tobias

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members