Middle Name to Match Ariel?

mumnbean

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have been thinking of names, and current favourites are:

Boy: Antony John

Girl: Ariel ????

Have tried to make it from grandparents/familial names but can't seem to find one that I like the sound of. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I dont know why but i'd go with an 'L' name. Something like Ariel Layla...

How about Marie. It is very traditional, but I think it might balance nicely.

Ariel May
Ariel Rose
Ariel Elizabeth?

All I can think of! xxx

Isn't Ariel a boys name?

Not usually no, but I think it's unisex

I'm pretty sure that the -iel suffix is masculine in Hebrew names, as in biblical name like Daniel, Gabriel etc. Shakespeare's Ariel in the Tempest is male as is the Ariel in Sylvia Plath's book of that name. There is also Ariel Sharon, who was a Israeli politician, in fact I think he was their Prime Minister. I've nothing against it as a girls name but I think the girls version is Arielle (like Danielle, Gabrielle), except in the Little Mermaid but perhaps that doesn't matter anyway. I think Arielle is a very pretty spelling though.

Isn't Ariel a boys name?

Not usually no, but I think it's unisex

I'm pretty sure that the -iel suffix is masculine in Hebrew names, as in biblical name like Daniel, Gabriel etc. Shakespeare's Ariel in the Tempest is male as is the Ariel in Sylvia Plath's book of that name. There is also Ariel Sharon, who was a Israeli politician, in fact I think he was their Prime Minister. I've nothing against it as a girls name but I think the girls version is Arielle (like Danielle, Gabrielle), except in the Little Mermaid but perhaps that doesn't matter anyway. I think Arielle is a very pretty spelling though.

Yeah I realise that, but in modern times it has mostly been used as a female name. I don't know why, but honestly it has. I love Arielle too (one of my top 3 girls names)

Its just I've never heard it as a girls name except The Little Mermaid. Just find it odd as I wouldn't call my girl Daniel, I'd call her Danielle. Hopefully Arielle will make a comeback, I think it looks far more feminine.

I much prefer the spelling as Ariel than Arielle. Beautiful name hun!

Ariel Edith
Ariel Ella
Ariel Miah
Ariel Alaia
Ariel Rose

xxx

Thanks guys,

I was getting really stuck on this one!

The Layla/Leila suggestion made me think of Lea (Lee-ah)... what do you think?

I will have to show OH these suggestions and see what he thinks! These are all much better than what I was coming up with.

I love the name Leila... it was on the short-list, but I think I'd like to save it in case I have another baby one day!

Ariel Reagan Nikoloski
Ariel Charlotte Nikoloski
Ariel Estelle Nikoloski
Ariel Katija Nikoloski
Ariel Campbell Nikoloski
Ariel Celeste Nikoloski
Ariel Sophia Nikoloski

Hopefully some of these spark your interest :) :flower:

Sarah xx

I don't know, I think Ariel / Arielle is one of those names that sits nicely without a middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->