• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Middles names for Ares and Calista

NicaQ

Reaction score
My DH and I are ttc, and we love names Ares and Calista. We have gotten a lot of negative (sometimes absurd) feedback on Ares. I don't think we're willing to budge on it or add an 'i', but we're really looking for a middle name to compliment it. We're definitely open to suggestions on middle name and we're okay with polite criticism of Ares, but some of the ideas for Ares are:

Ares Fox
Ares Leandro
Ares Sebastian/Sabastian
Ares Valentine
Ares Jay

For Calista, we have a few ideas (this has been a heated debate between DH and I, all in good fun, but we're still being stubborn lol). I'm definitely open to other ideas for a middle name for Calista, but here's the list we have so far:

Calista Rose
Calista Tempest
Calista Kore

So is Ares pronounced the same as "Aries"?

I like Aries - very cool as a boy's name!

Ares I would prob pronounce like the word "are" but with an "s" at the end, or maybe "air-es"

Middle name ideas: James, Jake, Jude (I like the AJ combo). From your list I like Sebastian.

Calista is pretty - I like Calista Rose!

Calista Violet comes to mind!

So is Ares pronounced the same as "Aries"?

I like Aries - very cool as a boy's name!

Ares I would prob pronounce like the word "are" but with an "s" at the end, or maybe "air-es"

Middle name ideas: James, Jake, Jude (I like the AJ combo). From your list I like Sebastian.

Calista is pretty - I like Calista Rose!

Calista Violet comes to mind!

Yes, Ares is pronounced the same as Aries, both pronounced Air-eez :) Violet is a beautiful name, and sounds very classic, definitely fits with the feminine feel of Calista! I'm a big fan of Jay because it's a family name, the last 3 generations (at least) in a row have had Jay as a middle name. Using Jay would be tribute to my great grandfather (he passed around my first birthday) that my family all adored and might soften the blow to my family of going with Ares lol Also, I was really close with my great grandmother (great grandad's wife obviously), who passed in April 2011.

I am, unfortunately, a failure at matching middle names to first names. I will say that I prefer the spelling of Ares to Aries. Ares and Calista look and sound so swell together.

Ares Fox and Calista Kore are my favorites from your list.

I love Ares! And of your names I like Ares Sebastian the best. I think it sounds best with a slightly longer middle name, although I do love Fox.

I hope you're getting the feedback and ideas you need here, Nica!:flower:

I do like Calista Rose and Calista Kore. I'm nit sure where you got Kore from but it's beautiful. I also like Violet as someone else mentioned.

Ares is a nice name in itself but I'm not sure which middle sounds better. Ares Jay has a nice ring.

I do like Calista Rose and Calista Kore. I'm nit sure where you got Kore from but it's beautiful. I also like Violet as someone else mentioned.

Ares is a nice name in itself but I'm not sure which middle sounds better. Ares Jay has a nice ring.

Kore is another name that the goddess Persephone went by. Kore is more related to the vegetation part of Persephone than the queen of the underworld.

Kore is another name that the goddess Persephone went by. Kore is more related to the vegetation part of Persephone than the queen of the underworld.

Persephone is beautiful! I always liked it as it reminds me of my name. Not that I'd use it but I like it.

Persephone is beautiful! I always liked it as it reminds me of my name. Not that I'd use it but I like it.

Persephone is a guilty pleasure of mine, while it's great in theory, I think it would be a lot of name to put on a baby and it bothers me that most people wouldn't be able to look at it and know how to say it lol I always think it's awesome though when I see online that people did name their baby Persephone. They're a little braver than me :)

I like Calista Rose.

Ares is a tricky one because it may get mispronounces a lot. When i read it, I pronounces it "R-s" in my head which sounds a bit like "arse". And seeing as you can spell arse from Ares I don't think I'd go with that spelling. Sorry :( But that aside, I think it would be nice with a longer middle name. I like Ares Sebastian.

As soon as I saw Ares the two names that came to mind were Ares Israel and Ares Emmanuel

Aries is lovely, but the spelling Ares makes me want to say "R's" and looks to me like someone mis-spelled "ours"

Aries Fox, Aries Logan, Aries Elijah

Calista is pretty. I like Calista Rose and Calista Violet.

I was pronouncing Kore wrong, so now Kore is completely out..I Don't think Calista Kore (Kor-ee) flows well at all :(

I read Ares as 'Are-ezz' which is different to everyone else! I think as long as you're accepting that everyone will initially mispronounce and misspell it, then go for it! I couldn't as I just see it as an anagram of arse spelt like that

Ares Israel like someone else mentioned sounds great!

How many syllables are your last name? Depending, I like Ares Fox or Ares Sebastian.

I know I'm the odd one out, but I actually prefer Ares to Aries. Ares is the Greek God of War. Aries reminds me of a ram (from the zodiac obviously). I actually don't think anyone would have problems with pronouncing it. If they've read a book or two in their lifetime, they'll be fine. I know in Canada, Ancient Civilizations (Greece and their gods were in it) was part of the public school curriculum, so Ares is not a challenge.

For Calista, I like Calista Rose. I like the idea of Calisa Tempest, but I think I prefer Calista Temperance. =)

Beautiful name choices!! I'm glad you guys are sticking to your guns.:thumbup:

How many syllables are your last name? Depending, I like Ares Fox or Ares Sebastian.

I know I'm the odd one out, but I actually prefer Ares to Aries. Ares is the Greek God of War. Aries reminds me of a ram (from the zodiac obviously). I actually don't think anyone would have problems with pronouncing it. If they've read a book or two in their lifetime, they'll be fine. I know in Canada, Ancient Civilizations (Greece and their gods were in it) was part of the public school curriculum, so Ares is not a challenge.

For Calista, I like Calista Rose. I like the idea of Calisa Tempest, but I think I prefer Calista Temperance. =)

We have a 3 syllable last names that ends with last syllable being -os. I'm glad someone gets it that doesn't think it's a horrible name. Someone actually equated naming my (currently fictional right now) child Ares with a real mass murderer who killed millions of people.

We have a 3 syllable last names that ends with last syllable being -os. I'm glad someone gets it that doesn't think it's a horrible name. Someone actually equated naming my (currently fictional right now) child Ares with a real mass murderer who killed millions of people.

Ugh, what a jerk thing to do. We can't all go around avoiding names because of a few bad apples.

Ares is very handsome and so is Calista. =) Best of luck!!

I've read a book or two, or three in my life and I definitely would have mispronounced it actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->