Midwife Appt. TURN BABY TURN

KandyKinz

Longtime Mama
Reaction score
I had a midwifery appointment today. It was mostly with my student (she's a real UK midwife just transfering over to the Canadian system) which was lovely cause I like her so so so much better then my actual midwife (I think she must be a virgo lol).

And my suspicians regarding baby's position were right..... I was telling my mom and hubby that it really felt like baby's head was up high but I just couldn't seem to get a good grasp of anything in the pelvis to really compare it to so I wasn't 100% convinced........ And well it turns out the part that's up high is the head.... atleast according to the two midwives.... and from what I'm feeling I just know they're right.... About 3 or 4 nights ago I woke up and baby was very obviously transverse then the next morning it started feeling breechy..... So it looks at though I have a little trouble maker on my hands!

They're now booking me for a scan this week which I'm fine with and then if baby really is breech which I'm certain it is then we have to start working on turning that baby. My midwives do moxibustion and if all "natural" tricks fail I'm definitly willing to travel 2 1/2 hours for an ECV. It's still very early and it definitly feels as though baby has plenty of room to move as there seems to be plenty of amniotic fluid present which is probably what got us in this pickle
in the first place so I'm certainly hopefull! Guess I just have to cross my fingers and go from here.

BUT if it does stay persistently breech I will be electing for a vaginal birth in hospital, providing there are no contraindications present.... Problem is despite the new guidelines regarding breeches the doctors here have yet to "accept" breech vaginal deliveries as a choice so should this remain an issue it's gonna become quite the issue........

Turn baby turn!

You seem pretty knowledgable about all things pregnancy/ baby related, so won't tell you about positions etc, I'm sure you know all about them already.
Come on baby, little scamp, turn your bum upside down!

sending lots of turny vibes your way too! I too have a little trouble maker, however I still have a fair bit longer to go!

My sister manually turned her own baby at 38wks from a transverse position, by holding a cold pack on bub's bum, and and pushing bub's bum up, because babies don't like the cold, they immediately try to move away from the cold spot. She used her hand on bub's head, and pushed downwards in order to guide him to where she wanted him to go! He was a very big baby (born at 39wks weighing in at 12Lb 2oz), but was thanfully born the right way down (LOL) in a vaginal delivery! ;)

sending lots of turny vibes your way too! I too have a little trouble maker, however I still have a fair bit longer to go!

My sister manually turned her own baby at 38wks from a transverse position, by holding a cold pack on bub's bum, and and pushing bub's bum up, because babies don't like the cold, they immediately try to move away from the cold spot. She used her hand on bub's head, and pushed downwards in order to guide him to where she wanted him to go! He was a very big baby (born at 39wks weighing in at 12Lb 2oz), but was thanfully born the right way down (LOL) in a vaginal delivery! ;)

It's lovely your sister got her baby to turn especially since he was quite a big baby! I think my baby is on the smaller side this time around. I'm nowhere near as big as I was in my previous pregnancies (my previous babies were 8lbs1oz and 9lbs 3oz.... though that's not anywhere close to 12lbs! :shock:) and with this pregnancy there seems to be alot more fluid then in my previous ones. So maybe I'll actually get to use some of those newborn outfits I've been collecting over the years :D And this little one is still head up and seems to be quite happy in an oblique position. But atleast there's nothing getting squished into my pelvis. Makes it alot harder to turn the little ones when they get something engaged.

I think my tinker has slipped transverse with all my coughing and split tummy muscles. I hope yours turns and soon so you're not left worrying about it!

Well I woke up this morning and baby felt vertex, but I went to the ultrasound anyways and sure enough baby was vertex :D and then went oblique.... then transverse... then back vertex again.... Turns out my midwife booked a full BPP as well, Baby Peanut passed just fine though I have no idea why the midwife would have ordered it :shrug: Perhaps it was due to the suspected increase in fluid :shrug: Anyways due to hospital policy the ultrasound technician refused to give me an estimated fetal weight or tell me what the amniotic fluid index was so I'll have to wait until my next midwifery appointment on Tuesday. Despite the inaccuracies associated with both measurements I am somewhat curious.

Well I'm gonna go hang out on my birth ball for awhile.... Hopefully, that will entice Baby Peanut to fall into my pelvis and stay there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->