Midwife coming in 2 hours to do a sweep...

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
and I'm feeling nervous/excited..Been having cramps and cervical pains since Monday on and off as well as backache so hoping it will kick things off...although am feeling a bit nervy that she has to "go down there"...

I'm normally fine with internal exams but that's in the docs/hospital..I think I feel a bit weird about it cuz she's coming to do it in my home..and have just had a text from my best friend saying "I've never had a sweep but I've heard bad things, let me know how it goes" - Gee, thanks for the confidence boost..!! :thumbup: NOT!!

Any tips ladies? Or just some labour dust my way will be good..! :)

All the best hun, hope it works for you :dust:

It honestly isn't that bad - it will be slighty uncomfortable as you could imagine but im a wimp with pain and handled it with a few deep breaths!!

Hope it starts something for you!

Good luck, sweeps aren't that painful, just a bit uncomfortable. Good luck and labour dust to you :dust:

It shouldnt be painful, but might be a bit uncomfortable, and it might give
you crampy period pains afterwards. Hope it works for you hun, ive got
MW today so going to ask if she can do a sweep for me, but im guessing
they wont until next week, as im not technically overdue yet.

I had my first sweep on Monday and although it was a bit embarrasing, that was the worst part about it!
I'm just waiting now for her to come out to do my second sweep, I'm hoping this works and that I don't have to be induced on Monday, which is the next step if I don't go into labour naturally before then.
Good luck, lets hope it works for both of us!

I had my first sweep on Monday and although it was a bit embarrasing, that was the worst part about it!
I'm just waiting now for her to come out to do my second sweep, I'm hoping this works and that I don't have to be induced on Monday, which is the next step if I don't go into labour naturally before then.
Good luck, lets hope it works for both of us!

Tbh I can deal with bein embarrassed if it gets LO out! Am dying to meet him and these cramps have just built up my hopes every night for the past week so am gradually getting more and more fed up lol.

Hopefully this will be enough labour dust for us and all the other overdue ladies..!! :dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Well I've just had my second sweep and it was fine, just the same as my other one really although this was done my a different midwife and she didn't seem to "rummage around" as much as my midwife did on Monday.
I'm feeling a little bit crampy, but I felt the same Monday after the last sweep!
I'm still only 2cm dilated and my Bishop's score (whatever that really is) is still 7 (hasn't changed from Monday) meaning that unless I go into labour on my own before hand I have to go into hospital on Sunday to get the pessary before I get induced Monday morning, which I really didn't want!
So good luck for your sweep anyway, let us know how it goes :)

Possibly an odd question, but when the midwife visits at home, where does she usually do all her stuff - lounge, bedroom, somewhere eles?! Is this the same when she visits after babys arrival too?

I am hoping not to get that far, but trying to decide which room(s) need the most housework doing!!

She did my sweep in our spare bedroom, she just asked for me to put a towel down on the bed to save any mess, not that there was any!
But she gave me the option of where I wanted her to do it, I chose the spare room just in case my waters broke while she was doing it (I don't even know if this can happen!) and I didn't fancy ruining the mattress on my bed as it's expensive, where the guest room mattress was only cheap and will be easily replaced.

It shouldnt be painful, but might be a bit uncomfortable, and it might give
you crampy period pains afterwards. Hope it works for you hun, ive got
MW today so going to ask if she can do a sweep for me, but im guessing
they wont until next week, as im not technically overdue yet.

im due sunday to and mw doing a sweep on sunday they can do it at term now :)

I had mine at the hospital yesterday - the registrar did it ..... TMI bit coming felt like she was unscrewing a bottle inside me!! but it was NOT painful... uncomfortable and a bit embarrasing yes but not painful (they gave me a big sheet to be modest!).. sadly nothing has happened for me YET - have another one booked for next thursday if nothing happens between now and then.

The registrar and chaperone kept asking if I was o.k and did I want them to stop - I said no.. and she said after they give people the option incase they don't like the sensation etc.. but honestly it was o.k.

Hope yours went well x

she just left and I feel like crying..she said my cervix has softened but it's completely closed :-( has booked me in for another a week yesterday nd if that doesn't work I'll have to be induced on the 9th. I'm so gutted I had it my head she'd be able to do it. I knew I shouldn't get my hopes up :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->