Midwife predictions?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
How accurate was your midwife?
Had my midwife appointment today, and she said 'I think you might have a baby in the next 7-10 days' due to losing mucus plug, how low down baby is etc and this is my second baby.
I know it's just an educated guess, but would be nice to know how often they are right? and if I really need to get everything sorted over this next week:thumbup:

I'm interested to know the answer to this too. Last thurs mine said shes fully engaged and I've started loosing plug. She said to try hold on til 37 weeks which freaked me right out!

Xxx

With my first, I was having regular painless contractions and the midwife said "You'll probably have the baby within 2 days." I had the baby 2 days later.

I do think sometimes they just have a bit of a sixth sense. I had a meeting with my midwife when I was 37 + 0 (was having a home birth so I had to go to the hospital so I could give her my birth plan and pick up the home birth box with all the supplies). She said, I'm on call this week, so I just might see you again in a few days! She hadn't examined me. We literally just had a chat and she loaded the kit into my car. I had in no way been having any signs of labour at all. Baby wasn't even engaged when I saw her the week before for my actual appointment. I went into labour and had my daughter 5 days later at 37 + 5. She actually wasn't still on call that night so I didn't have her, but she must have sensed something. I have no idea how.

First time round I had a sweep and the midwife said if I had sex I'd go into labour within 48 hours. Labour started about 30 hours later.

I guess you'll find out in about a weeks time if she was right or not!

I want your midwives, all mine said to me was "how long's a piece of string" 😣😝

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->