Midwife says come in...

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I called the midwife on call this morning because I've been having cramps since 2am, drank water, ate, used the bathroom, and rested but still cramping. Sometimes it's intense sudden cramps that make me feel like I need to run to the bathroom, but then it stops.. sometimes they're like dull period pains that shoot down my thighs and I feel in my crotch too, I keep expecting to see blood. Feels like early labor and I'm a little nervous since it wont stop no matter what i do. Also had bad nausea in the middle of the night and off and on now.

So much for an uneventful pregnancy so far! Hopefully it's nothing when we go in. Getting the kids arranged with family and then going in. At least I have felt baby tap here and there.

I hope all is well. I hear you about the "uneventful pregnancy" I was sailing along till 20 weeks then bam bedrest and a very shortened cervix. I hope all is well hon.

Could it be a uti? That would make you feel nauseous and can irritate your uterus/cause cramping. I had that at 20 weeks my first pregnancy ended up in the antenatal unit needing antibiotics.

Hope everything is ok x

I seriously had this the other night! I was debating on whether or not to go in to the ER but eventually it all subsided. Hope everything is okay.

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry to hear this!! I hope it's nothing too!!! Keep us posted!

Is everything alright? xxxxx Hope you are home and its just a minor blip.

Thank you all for the concern! The longer it went on the more nervous I got, but they ran all the tests and nothing at all. No uti or infection, not dilating, cervix was 4cm in length, all good :) the feelings finally subsided the day after, no clue what caused it..ive never had feelings like that this early on in a pregnancy but so long as everything is okay then that's all I care about :)
Pregnancy can be so unpredictable!

Oh good!!! I'm so glad it's all fine!!

Glad to hear it was nothing major! :)

A few times after me and my husband had sex, this happened to me. It felt like a lot of pressure with all areas of my bottom. And the cramping radiated down my butt cheeks and thighs which is how I use to feel when I would get menstrual cramps before I had our son. The most I noticed it lasted was about 5-6 hours because it was during the day. I of course, googled it and read it's pretty common so I didn't worry.

Could it have been Braxton Hicks? Glad you're ok :) x

Thank you :) Im so glad too

I suppose braxton hicks is a possible conclusion.. It was just so painful, I have heard that some women get painful ones though... maybe it was dehydration too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->