Midwife - What Do I Do?

bumphope

Reaction score
So I called the GP last week and was told I had to self-refer to the hospital to get a midwife appointment and that I didn't need to see the GP.

I did the online form they told me to do and they said if I didn't hear within two weeks to call one of two numbers.

I haven't heard so have called both numbers yesterday and today - no answer on any attempt, the numbers just ring and ring and ring.

What do I do?

I have no idea if they will get back to me and I have no other way of contacting them to see what's going on.

I've never been pregnant before, so I just don't know what's meant to happen.

Any ideas much appreciated!!

TRy calling between 8:30 and 9:00am. The midwives are probably out on postnatal visits.

Ah! I will try tomorrow first thing then - thank you :)

As if on cue! I've had a letter through the post from them with a date for my booking appointment.... 19th December!

It says Time: 9-12 .... I'm assuming this means they'll arrive somewhere between 9 and 12? It's not a three hour appointment is it?!

X

It will mean they will turn up at some point. They could have lots of post natals, or a home birth to fit it around. "Midwife time" isn't accurate!

gosh how weird. i guess it is different in every area. here i just make an appointment direct with the midwife at the local surgery and the first appointment takes place at the surgery.

good luck for booking in!

Glad you got it sorted. My booking appointment was two hours long, so it might be a long appointment. I wish I could self-refer to my hospital, but here you have to go through the GP.

x

Thank you all :)

Looking forward to my appointment, and it's on the day we have our early scan booked too!

I'll get some biccies in if it's going to be a two hour one!!

X

I know it's different where you are, but my first OB appointment took around 2 hours. They did an early scan, then I met with the nurse who did my paperwork and then I met with the midwife and we discussed the basics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->