midwife??

wiganlass

mum to a beautiful boy
Reaction score
how long does it normally take to get an appointment ? xx

In my NHS Trust they normally see people (with no previous problems) at around 10 weeks for 1st appointment with the midwife. It may vary a bit from region to region though so not sure that's helpful but my first appointment was at 10+1 I think.

In my NHS Trust they normally see people (with no previous problems) at around 10 weeks for 1st appointment with the midwife. It may vary a bit from region to region though so not sure that's helpful but my first appointment was at 10+1 I think.

thanx alot its given me a rough idea im just over 6weeks according to my dates so hopefully it shouldnt be long thanx again x :thumbup:

Hi I'm having my first appointment at 8 weeks (11th Jan - eek!), my GP said they normally like to see people between 8-10 weeks xxx

it all depends i think i have 1st 1 on 31st december xxx

Hi I'm having my first appointment at 8 weeks (11th Jan - eek!), my GP said they normally like to see people between 8-10 weeks xxx

ive got to ring the doctors tomorrow so hopefully they'll be able to tell me more fingers crossed :happydance: its my 1st so i want to make sure everythings ok and how far i am xxx

Yeah I know how you feel this is our first too so I'm feeling all impatient about things and just want to have that first meeting! I think it will feel a lot more real then, at the moment we're still shocked & jumping up & down with excitement! (well, I'm trying not jumping too much haha).
Good luck with the docs babe! Xx

hiya

in wigan, in took me about 4 weeks from seeing my doctor, they only do a clinic every 2 weeks on wed this side of wigan

Yeah I know how you feel this is our first too so I'm feeling all impatient about things and just want to have that first meeting! I think it will feel a lot more real then, at the moment we're still shocked & jumping up & down with excitement! (well, I'm trying not jumping too much haha).
Good luck with the docs babe! Xx

same here all i want is for it all to be finalised then we can start enjoying it the way we should good luck hun hope you find out soon x

winstanley side, so that was the midwife team that deal with the new worsley mesnes gp complex.x

winstanley side, so that was the midwife team that deal with the new worsley mesnes gp complex.x

i rang the doctors today and ive got my date for the midwife next wed 23rd :happydance: cant wait finally find out how far ive gone xxxx

Yay so glad you've got a date :) bet you cant wait now hehe :)

nope coz it's christmas week so it'll FLY by!!!!!! If yours is anything like mine she'll be lovely and very reassuring and they book 12wk scan with you while you're there, no waiting for it to come through the post like others hve had to!!!

thats not too bad then itll be nice to get a date for the scan cant wait too see are little baby : o )

The MW will still only go off what you tell her for the dates and you can find that out yourself online. They'll ask you the date of your last period and how many days your cycle is then take your blood pressure, give you some leaflets, fill in a form for free presciptions then take some bloods and answer any questions you have. She also rang Linacre Centre in town and booked my scan there and then but it was for about 2-3 weeks later.

Do the midwifes write to you and tell you when they will see you??

My doctor confirmed my pregnancy nearly two weeks ago, and said she'd forward all the details to my local hospital and I should just wait to hear from them, is that right??

jetters - when I went to see the doctor he told me to make an appointment on the way out to see the midwife but it was about 4 weeks after the doctors appointment when MW had any free appointments

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->