Midwife?

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
This might be a silly question but can i change my midwife? or is it one of them things that is harder than it seems.

I was refered to this 'young mums' midwife as they thought she might be more helpfull to me than a straight forward normal midwife as im only 19. She turned up for the first apointment at my home 1hour late when i was 18weeks.. i was expecting her to check babys heartbeat ect. as i hadnt had it done before and had no other apointments in between hers and my 12wk scan, but she didnt.. didnt even ask how i was, all she spoke about was work, benefits, housin ect. do i think i am going to cope when baby is here ect. and then left after 10mins. Well today she was meant to turn up for our second apointment.. and where is she?! 2hours late and not even a phone call or anything. After our first apointment i ended up going to see a community midwife who did check b/p and heartbeat. and she said i should of had that done at 16weeks but nobody told me this. Im really not happy with the service from 'my midwife'

Definitely you can change if you are not happy, you should speak to your doctors and ask to see the regular midwife, its really unacceptable for her to treat you like that, and as always yours and your LO's health come top priority, and you are clearly not getting the care you should be.

I haven't actually got a midwife still! mine emigrated to Australia and i always see a different one each time i go for a check up, but they still do all the things they should do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->