might be a silly question ...

willowblossom

Reaction score
When I feed lo each feed she only goes on one boob. Dhe usually feeds for 20 mins and thats her done. Sometimes she will go back on for another 5 mins. When I saw midwife today for my 10 day check she said I should be offering both boobs per feed, is that right? Even when I put her back on the second time I can see shes still getting milk from it (can even hand express some once dhes finished) she putting on weight perfectly. Just wanted to see what other ladies do? Xx

I wouldn't say your MW is necessarily right. Sometimes they are good eating from just one breast (especially when they are smaller). They know what they want.

I don't always offer both breasts. Never asked if this was correct but I try to have LO spend as much time as possible on each breast then if she's done with the first and still wants to nurse I offer the other one. Most feeds is just one breast though as she doesn't seem hungry anymore / won't take more.

Hope someone corrects if this is wrong!

I don't always offer both breasts. Never asked if this was correct but I try to have LO spend as much time as possible on each breast then if she's done with the first and still wants to nurse I offer the other one. Most feeds is just one breast though as she doesn't seem hungry anymore / won't take more.

Hope someone corrects if this is wrong!

This is exactly what i do. My LO feeds from one breast and then if she's still hungry, ill switch sides. I also alternate between breasts with each feed so I have a good supply on both :shrug:

Thanks ladies. Thats what I have been doing. Would prefer her to empty one breast before starting on the other. Puts my mind at ease!! :) xx

I always offered one at that age and made sure to alternate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->