• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Might have Hep-B and no idea how? So worried about baby!

Liz0828

Reaction score
With my last pregnancy all my bloodwork came back fine, nothing out of the ordinary. That was in 2012. Yesterday I went for my first prenatal appointment, but had already had my bloodwork and first ultrasound done by GP and sent to my OBGYN. My OB informed me that my bloodwork came back saying that I tested Hep-B positive. I was floored. He said it could be a mistake, and he is resenting me for a whole bunch of blood tests and a ultrasound of my liver. He also gave me the papers so that my husband can get initial testing done. I have no idea how I would have contracted this virus. He said it's contracted my either a blood transfusion, infected needles, or sexually. I have only been with my husband, and I know my husband is faithful, I haven't had any blood given to me, and I don't use drugs or get tattoos. I a hoping that the tests were just wrong, but I can't stop thinking about this. I am not so much worried about my husband and I if it is true, I am worried about my baby. I am terrified that he/she will be born and contract the virus and then have to live their whole lives with something that would be our fault. And if the baby were to get liver problems after birth I would feel so guilty. I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out how this could have happened, and the only thing I can think of is that my husband had two surgeries in one year, but wouldn't the hospital have had to tell us if they needed to give him blood? My husband isn't at all worried because he thinks they just made a mistake in their paperwork, and that everything will come back fine with this new tests. I am a worry wart so I can't sleep at night cause I'm up all night worrying about this. Any advice? Have any of you had false positive tests with anything along these lines? I just want my family to be okay and healthy.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: I am so sorry you are going through this I really don't know about this, but I found this::::: . It is also possible for
a pregnant woman with Hepatitis B
to pass the virus to her baby at
birth. Fortunately, there is a vaccine
to prevent babies from getting
Hepatitis B.
Babies born to women with
Hepatitis B get two shots soon after birth.
One is the first dose of the Hepatitis B
vaccine and the other shot is called HBIG.
The two shots help prevent the baby from
getting Hepatitis B. The shots work best
when they are given within 12 hours after
being born.
What is HBIG?
HBIG is a medicine that gives a baby’s body a “boost” or extra help
to fight the virus as soon as he or she is born. The HBIG shot is only
given to babies of mothers who have Hepatitis B.

I really think it is a mistake and everything will be ok.. Sending much love and many prayers.. Please post and let me know how things turned out..XOox:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

More Info.. Hope this helps :::::
How many Hepatitis B shots does my baby need?
Your baby will get 3 or 4 shots, depending on which brand of vaccine
is used. After the first dose is given in the hospital, the next dose is
given at 1-2 months of age. The last dose is usually given by the time
your baby is one year old. Ask your doctor or nurse when your baby
needs to come back for each shot.
Does my baby need all the shots?
All the Hepatitis B shots are necessary to help keep your baby from
getting Hepatitis B.
Prevent Hepatitis B.
Get your baby vaccinated.
How do I know my baby is protected?
After getting all the Hepatitis B shots, your doctor will test your baby’s
blood. The blood test tells you and your doctor that your baby is
protected and does not have Hepatitis B. The blood test is usually
done 1-2 months after the last shot. Be sure to bring your baby back to
your doctor for this important blood test.
Hepatitis B is not spread by:
Breastfeeding
It is safe for you to breastfeed your
baby. You cannot give your baby
Hepatitis B from breast milk.
Cooking and eating
It is safe for you to prepare and eat
meals with your family. Hepatitis B is not
spread by sharing dishes, cooking or
eating utensils, or drinking glasses.
Hugging and kissing
You can hug and kiss your baby, family
members, or others close to you. You
cannot give anyone Hepatitis B from hugging and kissing them.
Also, Hepatitis B is not spread through sneezing or coughing.
For more information
Talk to your health professional, call your health department, or visit
www.cdc.gov/hepatitis

I had a false positive for Hep B so my doctor ran everything again, came back positive again.

Same as you 24 months prior at my daughters birth it was negative. I'd had a tooth removed but that was the only way it could of possibly happened.

My doctor deemed it a "false positive" because of the impossibility of me getting it. I always felt nervous about that as i should of had more testinf to prove it was a false positive.

Fast forward to 3rd pregnancy and my prenatal work is saying negative again. Definitely just screwy results at my second pregnancy.

- edit -

I just realised everything about my situation was Hep C NOT Hep B. I tested positive for Hep C not Hep B. Sorry for the stuff up.

Hep B has a vaccine. Have you not been vaccinated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->