Migraines during pregnancy

808babysteps

Reaction score
Hi! I suffer from migraines and currently take imitrex. Acetaminophen works for me but it wasn't good for my liver. How have you coped with migraines during pregnancy?

Thanks!

I hear (although have no experience to go on) that a lot of people who suffer migraines dint have them when they after pregnant.I'm hoping that's the case.

i have hormone-related migraines (5 days a month like clockwork) and they completely went away during pregnancy. Something to talk to your doctor about beforehand for sure

I've been told Tylenol 3 works though I haven't tried it. I know some women who suffer migraines have less during pregnancy but for me that is absolutely not true. I recently got pregnant (ended in CP) and one of the ways I knew was with sudden frequent headaches. If I'm not careful it worsens into a migraine.

Heating pads and massages have helped me. I hear ice packs can help, but personally I haven't had luck with them. Ultimately imitrex works best for me but it isn't pregnancy safe. :(

I have migraines that aren't hormone related, I usually get one about every 4 weeks, and it lasts 2 days. I've never had a single migraine during either of my pregnancies, I was worried about not being able to take tablets either but the problem sorted itself out for me.

When not pregnant I got headaches about 3-4 days a week, and migraines about once a month.
It was no different when I first got pregnant, only I had one long horrible headache which lasted about 3 weeks (with several good hours in between).
Herb supplements and acupuncture helped. Once I reached second tri they got better and now I only have about 2-3 headaches a week, which is even better than before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->