Migraines with aura ALL THE TIME and so emotional

Natty_babez

Alexa-Jayne & Daisy-Mae
Reaction score
I hope someone can help, give me some advice or just really offer some support.

I had my little girl last Thursday so she's only 5 days old but since being discharged from hospital on Friday I have had a migraine every single day they are awful they start with an aura which gradually gets worse were in the end I can't see properly and then that eases and the blinding headache starts and I also get stroke like symptoms so numbness down one side and pins and needles. Also on a few occasions the aura in the my eyes will ease and the headache starts but then within a few hours the aura is back again. I have been put back on my beta blockers and started them today as this was what I was on before getting pregnant due to the stroke symptoms I get with my migraines but has anyone else suffered with daily migraines since giving birth and how long did they last ? I was looking forward to our first xmas together as a family of 4 and now I'm worried it'll be ruined by me feeling so rough with migraines everyday and just having to put on a brave face.

My OH has also told me tonight he has to return back to work tomorrow, he is self employed and any time of he has he doesn't get paid for and since he's told me this I feel so upset and down and I keep having to literally hold back the tears whenever I think about it. He has only really spent 4 days with us and I just feel devastated but know I'm also over reacting all at the time same time !!!

I've suffered migraines since I was 13 and after pregnancy they got to much worse for maybe a week. it happened again when I stopped breastfeeding (so august- when my son was one. I got beta blockers and triptans for when it starts. I'm like you, go blind, numbness and the worst pain in my whole head. It's most likely from your hormones and the loss of fluid post partum. As much rest and fluid as possible will reduce their severity and I hope like me theye go away quick. It happened after both m6 children and stopping feeding so fingers gers crossed it's hormone related for you too. All the best, really feel for you xxx

Did the triptans work for you ? I took one yesterday and thought if anything it made my headache worse.

I'm hoping they stop soon I feel so poorly and dread everyday knowing they're coming

I initially took sumatriptan but no it didn't work. I was then changed to rizatriptan which works much better and quicker. What pain relief are you taking, for the headache or for delivery pain? Codeine based painear relief can trigger headaches and make them worse, also there is such a thing as a pain killer headache which is caused by taking pain relief for too long. xx

I've been given sumatriptan and will try it again but it really didn't work. I normally take paracetamol at the moment I'm taking the ones given to me by the hospital when I was discharged but I'm not taking them everyday only when a migraine attacks as I've heard about the pain killer headache and also to cope with the after pains

Don't leave it too long to go back to your GP. After one attack and it not helping I was told to go back which I did. Migraines are bad enough on their own, never mind with a newborn. xx

I took it as soon as my eyes started going funny which is what the doctor told me to do is this when you take yours ?

Yep, first sign of it happening i took it. Its my eyes that go funny too so took the sumatriptan then and it didnt do anything at all. Now with the rizatriptan i have to take it within 10 minutes max or is wont work. It doesnt completely take the migraine away but enough so i can function, see and care for my kids.

Oh hun that must be so tough! Did you have an epidural?

I'm gonna ask for that as these ones do nothing and like you said you can't function at all when you can't see .... sometimes it gets so bad I panic as all my senses go funny as well like if I'm talking it doesn't feel like I'm talking and all my lips and face feel funny I think it's dangerous to be going through it and having 2 children 1 being a newborn to take care of so if the other tablets can make it bearable I'll try anything xx

No Hun I just had gas and air and a bit of codeine at the beginning xx

I also had my beta blocker changed to amitriptyline to prevent them even starting. Imbued to having them on and off which still happens but not the same as just after delivery. Do think my hormones played a huge part but also worth asking to change your preventative too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->