Mikey Ray's L&D 5months later-really long

Thaynes

Mommy and Wifey
Reaction score
On Sunday the 26 of September at 4pm I was at my college library finishing a paper and submiting it when I first started feeling some pain. It wasn't to bad at first and I didn't tell my OH until around 7 and my sister until like eight. By that time they were getting strong but still not too bad. We decided to walk around for a while so like 10 to 12. My contractions were like 5 to 10 mins apart. We went to bed and TRIED to sleep. I had a doctors appointment at 845 with the Midwife for a nonstress test. I want to say first that this is the most uncompassion women alive and I didn't like her at all. While providing a urine sample for the testing I noticed my mucus plug have started to come out. I mentioned it to the MW but she didn't seem to think anything of it.
The rest of the day I was have contraction and didn't go to any of my classes. I had to send my sister to turn in my hard copy of the paper I has submitted the day before. After that we walked around Walmart for several hours. Walking made me feel better and atleast productive so I walked even when OH and my sister didn't want to walk with me anymore. We went home around 2 pm.
I was still having contractions and they were around 6-7 minutes apart so OH and I decided to walk so more. At 3 we started walking again around the grave yard near my house. I was in no mood to have people looking at me so we didn't walk around the block or on the sidewalks near the house.
By four my contractions were like every 6-4minutes apart so we left for the hospital which was about an hour away. We had to stop and do some things so it took longer than we thought.
We got to the hospital at around six. What no one ever told me was that I need to register at a the hospital. The MW never mentioned it to be so I didn't know.
I ended up spending three hours in the ER. 45 minutes of which I spent by myself without being check on by any medical staff. My OH had wanted a little break and my sister wanted to come back. They only would let one person in the room with me. The ER staff was to busy to see my OH leave the room (There was only 1 other patient who wasn't having a major issue from what their family told my sister in the waiting room. So I'm not sure how they missed him leaving). They wouldn't let my sister come back until OH finally went up to the desk and said "My wife is in there all alone. There is no one in there with her because I'm out here and so is her sister". Finally they let her in. I was just upset because while I was waiting to find out something instead of even bothering with me they were ordering food from the bowling alley. I only saw someone that worked there 3 times in those 3 hours.
At nine I was finally taken back to labour and delivery. When I got back there I found out that the ER nurse put her due date( she was 35 weeks) instead of mine so they though I was early and had to convince them other wise. I was actually 37 weeks. They decided to put an IV in. They told me I was 3 and a half cm.
I wanted to walk around but they wouldn't let me do so until I had been monitered for awhile. (They always seemed to have trouble picking up my contractions). Afterlike an hour they let me walk about the ward for a little bit then I had to be monitered again.
My dad showed up about that time. He took my sister and nephew to get food for themselves and OH.
Around 330am they let me walk around again but I got to walk around the hospital that time with instructions to come back if anything happened. After half an hour I went to the bathroom and started vomiting so we went back. The nurses said that it could be the start of active labour.
At five I ask for some pain relief. They couldn't get me an epi yet because the doctor was at home but they gave me something to take the edge off. They also checks and said I was 5cm by then.
At 630 by mother got to the hospital. I was not happy by then. At 7:30 am the doctor finally got there. The first epi attemped didn't work. I got a simple "I guess she gets to be one of the unlucky ones before he stuck me again".
After I got my epi the nurse checked again and said I was at a full ten and ready to push. They told me to push ones to break my water while the Doctor got things ready. I pushed and heard the worst phrase in my life from my sister 'Mom is that supposed to be green'. meconium
The nurse explained that he had had a bowl movement and that after I delivered his head they didn't want me to push until the Doctor had sucked the gunk out.
A couple minutes later I started pushing. I pushed three times and his head came out. They did what they had to. I pushed ones more and out came my Michael Ray Haynes at 7:44pm on September 28. He weighed 7lbs 15 1/2 oz.
I was crushed by my birth and after birth experience. I didn't have my baby placed on my stomack. I only got a glimps of him as they carried him to be cleaned off. He was completely green I'm told. OH did get to cut the cord though.
A nurse carried him over to me long enough for me to see just long enough for her to tell me that they were taking him to be put on oxygen. They wouldn't even let me hold him.
I asked about my baby everytime someone came into the room but they didn't tell me anything. After an hour my mom and aunt who work at the hospital came in and told me that my son oxygen levels weren't high enough. They wanted to give him a chest xray and antibiotics. The nurses and doctors didn't even come and tell me. My family did and they only managed to scare me enough that I cried for an hour.
When they transfered me to another room I finally got to see my baby but only for a moment. It made me cry even more. I didn't even understand how this beautiful baby could be mine or have any problems. I only got to see him about a minute but ahh.
Three hours after delivery they finally brought my baby into my room. He had an IV and an oxygen level moniter. I was upset that my baby had to go through this but I just because I was finally getting to see my LO. I wouldn't put him down for life six hours.
He ended up being okay. I still cry about the problems with his birth. He has an umbilical hernia and the doctor says he has a loss piece of cartilage in his throat so he sounds funny when he breaths. He is my world. I didn't have a great birth experience. I just wish it went better. He is my whole world.
I ended up having an episiotomy and second degree tearing. We left the hospital at 2pm on Thursday.
This is the first time I've told his complete labour and birth story. I cry everytime I think about it. Knowning how hard it was with him I can't imagine being in someones shoes who had it even worst. I'm so sorry for anyone like that. Everytime he smile at me I send a thanks to god for making sure he was okay and I send a prayer up for anyone in the same situation or worst.
I'm sorry this was so long. I just didn't want to miss anything

Wow. Thank you for telling your story and congratulations on the birth of your son. Well done you!

I'm sorry it was difficult but happy you are both ok.

Big hugs:hugs:

I'm sorry you had such a difficult labour, I can't help but think that it wouldn't have been so hard on you if the hospital staff had treated you with some care and respect..

I'm so sorry you were treated that way :hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful son xxx

Sorry you had a bad experiance, glad you are both ok tho :)

Congratulations :) xx

sorry it wasnt a very nice experience, im glad all is ok though xx

Sounds like a nightmare but I'm so glad that you're both OK now. Congratulations. :hugs:

:hugs: congrats on the birth, even if its not what you wanted he is here and safe now! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->