Mil got a new puppy and it just drowned!!

Even if a pup can swim its going to do them no good if they cant reach and pull themselves up the side, exhaustion will eventually kick in.

Not all dogs can swim, and not all dogs can be taught.

We have three dachshunds and we teach them how to swim and how to maneuver in the water since they are not known to be strong swimmers. Just like that link the PP posted.

I would NEVER ever, ever leave my dogs alone with a pool, pond or spa unattended. The same precautions you use to protect children should be done for your furkids as well. :growlmad:

Even if a pup can swim its going to do them no good if they cant reach and pull themselves up the side, exhaustion will eventually kick in.

Their pond isn't even level with the ground and the puppy would have only been a little bigger than the palm of an adult hand. They're tiny dogs. So no way would the poor thing have been able to get back out.

Poor little doggy.
Surely you'd keep an eye on a dog that small :(

Oh no, poor puppy! :cry:

But seriously, how careless. I know accidents do happen. But that could have been a child (but a puppy is still really bad)!

was they not watching the dog? If not thats very irresponsible and they should of safe guarded until the dog understood. That poor little thing

That's awful! Those pups are so teeny, I wouldn't leave mine near a pond or pool unattended and he's huge.

RIP lickle pup! Xxx

That's so sad poor little puppy rip. it's very careless I have a big boxer and I panic everytime she is in water they should have been watching the poor thing.

That's so sad poor little puppy rip. it's very careless I have a big boxer and I panic everytime she is in water they should have been watching the poor thing.

I have a boxer too x

oh poor pup :(

I have a Lhasa Apso (that's how you spell it btw OP) cross Papillon and she was SO tiny when she was a puppy.

Very sad, and yes, it's their fault due to carelessness/not thinking, but I am sure they're probably feeling worse than anyone right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->