MIL present?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emyandpotato

Reaction score
I am totally stuck on what to get for MIL. She never seems to like anything we get her.

In the past we've done jewellery, a digital photo frame, a properly done watercolour painting of Rory, a large framed photo of OH/LO etc., candles, expensive Soap and Glory sets (she is obsessed)... There has been other things but that's all I can remember off of the top of my head. I remember getting her quite extravagant bits and her not really being bothered, so last year we played it safe and just got about £20 worth of Soap and Glory bits, as 1) she always gets me S&G stuff and 2) is constantly on about how much she likes it. The price was fine as she only got OH socks, and we were totally skint last year, which she knew. But this year she has actually said "oh maybe I don't want S&G stuff this year"... But no hint to what she actually wants. I am so stuck! I want to buy everything in the next month because we're moving house and going to be poor for a little bit. Any ideas?

A lecture that it's the thought that counts :haha:

We used to get MIL an expensive No7 gift set each year, then when we had LO we just couldn't justify spending £60/£80 on each parent any more, so we just get them each something small from us, and a joint gift from LO which will probably be homemade shortbread or similar. This year I've got MIL a Baylis & Harding handwash and lotion set, which is two pump bottles stood on a ceramic dish. It looks expensive but was a fiver in TK Max. I'll get a nice giftbag for it with some tissue paper etc to make it look a bit posher. The B&H stuff is lovely, they do sets with slippers etc in too.

How about a pottery painting from little one? We are planning on doing that for my parents and grandma. Little one can decorate a teapot, vase, picture frame, mug and lots of other bits x

I'm doing mine a butterfly/candle hamper x

If you aren't wanting to spend a lot of money but want a personal touch you can make a word art picture.
The website is Tagxedo. You choose the image shape and then enter the words you want. I made one for OH from lo for fathers day, and one for my parents from lo. They were both delighted with them. Just make a mount and pop it in a frame, looks expensive once finished. They sell the same kind of thing on notonthehighstreet. Ill take a pic and show you the one for OH.

I need a new idea for this year for MIL's birthday and Christmas. Last year we got a Diamond Candle - it's a candle with a ring in it wrapped in foil so when you burn the candle you get to the ring. It's worth anything from $10 to $5000. There's other companies that do a similar thing. Candles are only about $25.

I also did a gift set of nice soaps in a fancy box, all from TJ Maxx. We can't afford much really.

I wanted to do a baby footprint butterfly in paint on a flower pot for Mother's Day, but LO wouldn't cooperate!

Heres the word art I made for OH from lo

https://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af345/Nicky_Stewart/Mobile%20Uploads/20141004_192740_zps15bfee1c.jpg

If she's not appreciative of the presents you buy her, how about making a donation to a charity that's close to her heart? Or one of those Oxfam gifts where you can buy a family a cow, or train a teacher for a village, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"