MIL tiny rant

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
The other day my MIL told Stan that she's wants to come over after he goes back to work (he's taking a week off) to help with the cooking, cleaning and the baby if I need it. It is part of Chinese culture for the new mother to rest and have most things done for her (including taking care of the newborn)--not that I think my MIL would take my baby from me, and I certainly wouldn't let her if she tried ;). I wouldn't really have a problem with her coming over but she has 5 (almost 6 year old daughter) who will have to come as well. Melody doesn't listen, does what she wants when she wants, tortures my cats, and we have no toys for her because they've only visited our apartment twice in the almost 3 years we've been there. I can't really say no to her, but I know I'd be so much more comfortable if it were just me and the baby at home.

I'd express that to her! Or at least to Stan. Its your baby and you call the shots

Vickie it 's of course easy to said but hard to tell or do ...may be she should come when your husband is here (you could propose that ) instead .
At least you will not be alone with her and your niece...

Thanks girls, I've told Stan I'm not happy about it, but he's not good at standing up to his family. And I really don't want to hurt her feelings.......we'll see how it goes but I can't let Melody misbehave and torture my cats, it would make me a nervous wreck!

:hug: Gosh, don't know what to say. That is a hard situation for sure!

It's a very tough situation, and it's the first grandchild on his side, plus it's a part of their culture. Stan had talked to his managers about working from home half days or a few days a week after the baby gets here so I think I'll try to work out a schedule with him so that she's not over every day of the week and I can get some rest.

Perhaps you could suggest that weekends would be more beneficial to you when your hubby is at home too. If Melody starts torturing your cats then you are well within your rights to tell her off yourself. It would probably shockher enough to stop her from doing it. Well for a while at least :D

Good luck Hon. :hugs: It is a doozy and no mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->