MIL worries :( am I being silly

peachprincess

Reaction score
My baby won't be here for another 4 weeks or so and I'm already feeling uneasy about mil watching him and even visiting him. She made it quite clear she thought I was using my OH and didn't believe I was pregnant, then she moved on to me being 'bad news' and how awful it would be for him to have a baby. He was very pleased as was I and my mum was delighted. Eventually she came round and has been nice as pie for about 6 months despite never buying baby a thing (not that he is without at all!) but it would have been nice to see some passion. My own mum has even bought things for teething she's so excited lol and she always asks how I am and comes to visit from 40 miles away. Mil leaves 5 min away and pops round once a month for an hour and barely shows any interest. I worry when he is born she will be all over him and wanting to see him and I feel like why should you get him you didn't even want him to be born! Am I terrible thinking this? If im knew someone didn't want me I would not want them being false and pretending

So keep her to the visiting schedule that she has already established. Once a month for an hour doesn't need to change, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->