Milestone Celebration!

sun

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I have now been breastfeeding for 1 month!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

This is a reason to celebrate - Bun was born 4 weeks early and had trouble feeding initially. After not eating for the first 30hours of his life (I tried BF, had a lactation consultant, tried tube and cupfeeding, etc etc) the pediatrician took over and the nurses forced 30mls of formula every 2h for 24h. Was beside myself at this point, since he was getting less interested in BF. Anyway - I persevered - I tube-fed him with my finger and then with the nipple, and OH would cupfeed before we would let the nurses take him. After 3 sleepless nights, he started latching on!!! (success!!!!) And through cracked bleeding nipples, we kept it up. Now it has been one month! And it is SOOOOO rewarding to feed my little Bun... :cloud9:

And at our 1-month appointment, LO has gone from 6lbs4oz when we brought him home to 8lbs12oz 4 weeks later!!!! That's 1-3/4oz gain per day since we brought him home!!! YAY!!!! :dance::dance:

Just wanted to share xx

Wow!!! Thats great!!!!!! Congratulations and well-done x

wow congrats .. MY LO only tasted any milk at day 4 he weren't allowed to drink... only IV fluids, my first feed were breast on a ICU baby unit with LO laying on his back me bending over (what a scene hehehe)

IT IS AMAZING TO FINALY DO IT... thanx for sharing!!!!

What a great success story!!! Congratulations! You should be proud of both of you! :yipee:

Wow that's brilliant, well done! :yipee:

Thanks girls -
And for everyone new to breastfeedng - it really does get better! It is sooo much harder than I expected, but so rewarding!
xx

yay, :hugs: congratulations! All that hard work paid off! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->