Milestone questions

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Was just curious when did your baby smile at you for the first time(on purpose) and when did he or she grab for toys/objects?

Noah's corrected age is 1 month today and worried because he doesnt do either...sometimes I think he smiles at me, but Im not sure! His eyes are still premature so I think he doesnt see much.

:hugs: oh hun Noah is still so young in terms of adjusted age; I found this and think it may be of use to you.

https://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/baby-information/baby-milestones/

I wouldnt focus so much on what Noah cant do and look back at how far he has come :) He will smile at you very soon I'm sure and it will melt your heart, as will every milestone he reaches :)

I was forever comparing Joe to all his cousins, in size, in height, in development and it nearly sent me potty :( I look back and yes he done things slower but he done them, and done them all :) and now hes 2 you wouldnt know the difference and I never thought I'd be able to say that.

xxx

Your post has made me cry because you know exactly how I feel. Another lady on a different forum posted a pic of her baby grabbing toys and is just a month old and I felt horriable, I had to call my Mom. Im glad to see Im not the only one who feels this way, and that your son is doing everything now, really does give me hope.
:hugs: oh hun Noah is still so young in terms of adjusted age; I found this and think it may be of use to you.

https://www.thebabyshow.co.uk/baby-information/baby-milestones/

I wouldnt focus so much on what Noah cant do and look back at how far he has come :) He will smile at you very soon I'm sure and it will melt your heart, as will every milestone he reaches :)

I was forever comparing Joe to all his cousins, in size, in height, in development and it nearly sent me potty :( I look back and yes he done things slower but he done them, and done them all :) and now hes 2 you wouldnt know the difference and I never thought I'd be able to say that.

xxx

Also according to that list he's on track for his corrected age...

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

oh hun I know EXACTLY how you feel, my sil's baby was/is 6 months younger and I regularly wept as he was so much bigger than Joe, I even had rows with my husband because he would say *** has got big and I would scowl back that he had a good start and was nearly 9lb and wasnt ventilated and ill and tiny and playing bloody catch-up all the time:( and now I look at my nephew (who I dearly love) and theres no difference in size and Joe is so bright and is miles ahead in terms of speech, brain development and such :)

I am glad my post gave you comfot because thats exactly what it was meant to do :hugs: I seached for answers and scoured every inch of the internet and the same advice that kept ringing in my ears was that by about 2 most premmies have 'caught-up' and Joe has and then some and I am certain that Noah will too hun.

give me a shout if you ever want to talk about this stuff, pm me

xoxox

and I am so happy that Noah is on track :)

:hugs: awww hun please try not to worry. All preeme bubbas catch up eventually. DSS was 10 weeks prem, he is 4 now and is the tallest in his class and a clever little begger. We don't even take into account his corrected age as he has caught up as I said.

I agree, look at how far LO has come and try not to worry :hugs:

Juleika started to smile about this age, but it was more in her dreams when she slept!

it was not like you are asking on purpose @ mummy and daddy, I believe to remember this she only did when she was about six weeks old!

as well, I am pretty sure she didn't grasp for toys at this age!

I would def not worry about things like this!

Every baby is different - no need to worry yourself, hun... Anna is 6 weeks old now and only just started smiling on purpose... well, I think she smiles on purpose - could just be wind! - I'm never sure :dohh:

My mother's baby on the other hand (is freaky if you ask me!) was grabbing for toys the day after she was born!! I remember taking Anna round to visit my mum the day after she had Lily, and holding Lily and her grabbing for one of Anna's toys - and thinking "My God, Anna doesn't even do that yet and she's three weeks older!!" My mum seems to have a knack for creating genius kids, though - her last one was walking by the time he was 7 months old, and talking not long after!

Seriously, though... I doubt there's anything wrong - Noah seems to be doing very well for being born so early (Go Noah! :happydance:) If you're at all concerned that something might be wrong contact your doctor maybe, but I reckon he'll be just fine - I think most parents worry about milestones- but we all get there in the end, don't we :)

Big :hug: Hope you feel better - and that Noah flashes a smile for you, real soon! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->