Milk Free breakfast help needed!!

Lottie86

Mummy to Findlay & Iona
Reaction score
With help from his speech and language therapist and dietician we are trying to start overcoming Findlay's oral aversion and get him started on solids so I'm looking for some advice for when he gets a bit happier about the idea of things in his mouth.

He will not even entertain the thought of anything containing milk going in his mouth and we've been told that this is very likely to always be the case as he associates milk with severe pain and vomiting so other than toast what other ideas do people have for breakfast as obviously baby cereal, porridge etc are all out as they need to be made up with milk and I'm at a bit of a loss for ideas :shrug::shrug:

I know we're an awful long way off the concept of breakfast yet (we're still at the anything touching his mouth causing hysterics stage!) but I'd like to have some ideas ready.

Thanks x

Maybe he might do better with mostly finger foods? My baby totally refuses to let me put anything in her mouth aside from a bottle, and we do BLW. But if you need to spoon feed him, then maybe try some mashed / stewed fruit like apples / pears? I've read that cereal isn't a necessity anyway. Good luck :)

Eggs? I make Jacob american style pancakes you just mix water with the mix I am not sure if the mix contains milk of some form!

Can you not make cereals using rice milk? x

Abby has her porridge in the morning but she also gets some fruit puree. Ella's kitchen do a great range of purees to get you started.

My son doesnt have cereal very often for breakfast because he doesnt want to eat off a spoon so cereal is very messy.

I usually give him fruit (banana, pear, strawberries, orange, etc, there are tons of choices) and
one additional food: egg (scrambled or hard boiled), yogurt (might be too milkly for your baby I dont know), toast (with butter or different spreads), pancakes (they are made with milk) or eggy toast

You could also give dry cereal like cheerios for to munch on without milk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->