Milk gold cap

25weeker

Reaction score
Probably a lot of people are aware of this but I only found out about it today!

Milk gold cap cows milk has 5g of fat and 81cal per 100ml whereas normal full fat has 3.6g and 65cal per 100ml.

Will be using the gold cap from now on in the hope Holly turns into a fatty :rofl:

Hi, didn't know that!
Erin is on infatrini (prescribed by dietician) but its 100 cls per 100mls. We were just reassessed a few weeks ago when Erin was in hospital and instead of me saying the usual 'everything is fine' and 'i'm ok' I said 'I cannot do anymore' and 'i do need help' - hitting a brick wall etc and we got high cal smoothies (which are great for adding to porridge) and high cal juice which is also great as Erin doesn't go mad for milk anyway. You could maybe ask - Holly maybe isn't as bad with weight as Erin but its all really been helping, she put on 9 1/2 oz last week - maybe i shouldn't gloat - prob wont last!!!

The gp has referred us to the dietician as Holly has lost 7oz mainly due to her having the cold for 4 weeks and not eating much. Hoping she gets a supplement of some kind as she is now off the chart!

It used to be called "top of the milk" and had a red top - on the old bottles.

Remember when you used to get bottles of milk with the cream at the top? This is what naturally happens in bottled milk and in my mum's day she would always give us the top of the milk on our cereal. It has a fabulous fat content!

The supplement we get is Calogen, one thing though Caroline, ours is strawberry flavoured and we recently found out the flavoured ones aren't supposed to be given to children under 3. When I called the dietitian she said she hadn't known this. Turns out it is because it has "additives" in it and that isn't allowed according to the EU. Thing is the additives are cochineal and betacarrotene - both which are naturally occurring and are not thought to be a problem but as the ban on "additives" is a blanket one, they have to put "3 and over" on the lable. If the pharmacist is aware of that you will only get the neutral one - which is horrible. According to the dietitian they recommend mixing it with nesquik - which probably has the same additives!

Ellie has only gained 3oz in 3 weeks so we are heading to see the diatician and nutrtionist again!!!! xx

When you see your dietitians, make sure they actually weigh your child. I was surprised to see our dietitian, despite seeing her 4 times in a year, never once weighed her - in fact she never even had scales. Despite her weight loss - which we mentioned at every appointment, she never prescribed a supplement. I thought this must have been quite normal, until we saw another one at abby's consultant follow-up. She spoke to us for an hour, talked about her weight a lot, went into depth with what we fed her and how much she ate, and even at one point diagnosed me with a milk intolerance too! She was so much more thorough than the other woman who just sent us away with a " just keep trying her with milk" attitude. I couldn't see the point of possibly upsetting her tummy to "test" her intolerance and the new dietitian agreed.

So just like with HV's, very much good ones and bad ones out there. If you think yours is being unhelpful, make sure you see another one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->