Milk intake... help?

A

AppleBlossom

My mw has said a number of times that once you've established weaning (usually around 6months+) that you should gradually cut down the amount of milk given. I know that at the minute Grace should still be having around 20ozs a day and she has been doing even with her 3 meals a day, give or take a few ozs. I moved her up to stage 3 milk last week and bought some stage 3 teats and she has been fine with them and been drinking a lot quicker. However yesterday she only drank about 5ozs of milk in total. She had her usual breakfast, lunch and dinner but when I offered her milk she would take a bit and then turn her head away and when I tried to give it her again she wouldn't open her mouth. This morning at about half 7 she woke up so I changed her and gave her a bottle and she was drinking it normally but then stopped and looked away after only drinking 4ozs. I'm going to keep giving it to her in the hope she might drink it but I can't understand what has changed to make her not want her milk. She had been doing everything normally until yesterday. She hasn't lost her appetite because she has eaten all her meals. She usually loves her milk. Should I be worried?

At the hospital the other day because Hallie was ill. The nurse said that her daughter at 8 months just refused milk. She had to keep offering her it, but she would NOT take it no matter what. When she was about 11 months she just took it again!!

I hope this helps. As long as she is getting calories from her meals i shouldnt worry too much.

well, my cousin has an 11 month old baby (lot older than ours i know) but he only has 3 5oz bottles a day with his three meals. sometimes he doesn't even finish them. she told me he just gradually took less and less......i am weaning ali and he is like grace, i am a bit worried but at the same time i am not cos he is getting 2 meals a day of food he never got before so naturally they would take in less milk......hope this helps hun.

Christine
XXX

thanks. I know they get a lot of nutrients from their milk but I guess she is getting similar amounts from her food too

try adding her formula milk to her food that way shes still getting an extra couple of ounces from about 7 months leeons been dropping like an oz each month now he only has 2 bottles normally 7 oz but lately he throws his bottle after 4-5oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->