Milk intake

Lazy Leo

Reaction score
I know babies need to get most of their nutrition from their milk, and have been trying to ensure the LO doesn't drop too much milk as she is having too much milk. But at the same time i don't want to overfeed her.

She has been getting 4oz milk each with breakfast and lunch and then three further 8 oz bottles in the day.

Over the last two days she has started gone to sleep before what would usually be her last bottle and is still sleeping through the night (a full 12 hours), so its not affecting her in that way.

Should I be worried about her dropping to the equivalent of 3 x 8oz if she is having 2 solid meals? (She has been on the 75th centile line for both weight and height since birth.)

24oz is ok for a 5 month old as far as I'm aware. I think the key is not to replace milk with solids before 6m, and if that's not happening, then fine :)

^ wss :)
I think alex was around the same by then (minus the meals) but over 4 bottles and less in them.

My LO dropped his feeds almost as soon as we introduced solids! I have been really panicking abotu it and keep trying to offer more milk but he just isn't interested in having any more than about 20ozs now. And that's over about 4 bottles (one still being in the night)

I try and incorporate milk in his food though (like making his porridge with formula and adding a bit to his purees, etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->