Milk Intolerance?

mara16jade

Mommy of 2 little boys
Reaction score
If you have or had a baby with a milk/dairy intolerance, can you please tell me what his/her symptoms were?

I'm fairly positive my baby has a milk intolerance, but the Dr's aren't sure. They said it's a possibility. :dohh:

My little guy just brought every formula feed up. Also poop was mucously, belly hurt, rashes on ocassion, sleep affected etc. Flicked to Goat and no issue but we havw Cow Milk Allergy.

My daughter had a dairy allergy that she has just recently grew out of. Her main symptoms were skin issues (hives whenever I consumed a lot of dairy) and sometimes mucousy poops.

My baby also had reflux, but I noticed any time I ate dairy she would get so upset. Screaming, inconsolable, awful smelling gas, green mucousy poops

If you are bf, cut out all dairy for a few days and see if it helps.

My baby also had reflux, but I noticed any time I ate dairy she would get so upset. Screaming, inconsolable, awful smelling gas, green mucousy poops

What did you end up doing?

Reflux, spotty rash on face and chest, 10-15 poos a day. Poos were mucousy green, blood etc. low weight gain

I’ve cut out dairy and he’s a lot better.

What did you end up doing?

I went off dairy while I was bfing her. Also gave her Zantac and it helped tons. She grew out of it around the time she turned 1 and was fine when we switched her to cows milk

DD2 has CMPA cows milk protein allegery went undiagnosed for nearly a year .

When she was a baby she had reflux , rash on her face , discomfort at every feed , unsettled , mucus in her stools . We switched so many formulas and GP just kept saying it was reflux. Same issues when weaning. She just brought back mouthfuls of food ! It was when she was just about to turn 1 and we started switching to cows milk she was really ill.

She’s just turned two now and we are working our way up the “milk ladder” we had a struggle getting her diagnosed . Seems this way for many other people .

There’s a Facebook group called CMPA support . Loads of lovely helpful women on there of Allergy UK .

They usually don’t test for it as some have ige reactions which is an instant one and some are non ige which is a delayed one. Usually they go by an elimantion diet . I would cut out all dairy and ask for a trial of Neocate or another hydrolysed formula (if on formula ). Keep a record of food and symptoms and ask for a referral to a dietician , we also waited ages for this!! .

It’s a minefield at first but it does get easier !

LO had milk protein allergy until he turned 6 months. Started at 2 months cuz he had blood in stool. Doc said for me to cut out all foods with milk. That's anything with dairy like breads and crackers. The blood disappeared after a while but if I eat some cake it'll come back right next say.

After he turned 6 months I tried eating some cake and this time no blood in stool ever since! That was the only symptom though. He wasn't bothered by it at all.

LO had milk protein allergy until he turned 6 months. Started at 2 months cuz he had blood in stool. Doc said for me to cut out all foods with milk. That's anything with dairy like breads and crackers. The blood disappeared after a while but if I eat some cake it'll come back right next say.

After he turned 6 months I tried eating some cake and this time no blood in stool ever since! That was the only symptom though. He wasn't bothered by it at all.
I would be sooooo happy if all this bull$hit was over at 6 months! This gives me hope!

Did your baby get diarrhea or diaper rash?

No diarrhea but his poop would be more green whenever it had some blood. Although usually his last poop of the day was green as opposed to yellow so I never really figured out what it meant.

Constipation (bad), puffy eyes, terrible reflux, mucous poo, blood in poo sometimes, really bad stomach, very unsettled, serious projectile vomiting. Went undiagnosed as just reflux and they kept making me supplement with formula as she wouldn't gain weight properly till it got so bad she refused to eat anything at about 8 weeks and I took her to the children's hospital and she saw a paediatrician that diagnosed her and out her on a hydrolysed coconut formula and ranitidine and she was a different baby within a few days. Happy and smiley and gaining weight well. We avoided dairy (all animals) and soy for a year and started on the milk ladder and it took us about a year to get through. She still can't have cows milk straight up, and I can't give her too much dairy (ie everyday) but I don't have to be careful of hidden ingredients any more. I can tell when she has had a diary overload as she gets constipated and her eczema flares up and I'm extra careful for a few days and she's ok again. It does get easier it's a nightmare in the beginning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->