Milk or something else leading to constipation

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
About 2 months ago I started adding whole milk to LO's diet. 1 bottle here....then gradually increased over the weeks from breast milk. (My supply was dwindling). Past few weeks...he's been exclusive with whole milk (and water).

Two weeks now, he's been straining. Maybe will go a marble size...and cry and cry....I added some prune juice to help. Today...he was screaming so bad....I worked his legs and a super hard and big (tmi sorry) poo came out. Immediately he felt relief.

Any suggestions? Soy milk?

It does sound like something is upsetting his tummy. I know it can be superhard when your own milk supply is dwindling. Have you tried eating a few things to boost milk supply? Of the top of my head I can't remember exactly but I'm sure Google will help. I think brewers yeast helps and oats.

I personally wouldn't give milk to a child under one as I don't think their tummy is reasy for it (but please do your own research and do what you are happy with). I wouldn't give soy milk as it's a proven hormone disruptor.
If you're worried about calcium then there are other food sources......sesame seeds are one...again I can't recall on the tip of my head. Even yoghurt is better for tummies than while milk.
As for a nice warm comforting drink instead of milk...I'm not sure honestly. Maybe home made bone broth? I haven't researched other milks tbh.

I hope this helps. Just an alternative view point.

DS only drank breast milk until he was over 1. I made sure of that.

My own supply dwindled down to nothing when I got my bfp. Go figure.

He's enjoying the soy...figure it will be a test over the next few days to see how his tummy is. Dr's appts isn't for a few weeks.

DS only drank breast milk until he was over 1. I made sure of that.

My own supply dwindled down to nothing when I got my bfp. Go figure.

He's enjoying the soy...figure it will be a test over the next few days to see how his tummy is. Dr's appts isn't for a few weeks.

Ahhhhh I hear bfps can do that. Good luck with it all. I'm brisitsh so I took your ds birth date to be 7th Oct 15 but now I realise it's 10th July. I hope you work out what the issue is.

No worries! He just drank water and half a cup of soy before bed. I'm pushing water more than anything. Figure the rest he can get from food for now.

I'd still recommend researching soy milk. I'm not judging or anything, you sound like an awesome mum, I'm just spreading the word on soy. Here's what the wellness mum has to say on the subject. Obviously do your own research and do whatever you feel happiest with, I'm just offering up this piece of information.
https://wellnessmama.com/3684/is-soy-healthy/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"