Milk over night?

bumphope

Reaction score
I'm expressing bm for our little girl and seem to have only half the milk she needs, so while I'm sure to express until I'm empty every time she feeds, we still need to top up with formula to keep her satisfied.

My question is, during the day I'm getting about 60ml per express. At 2am and 6am when I express and feed her, I'll get about 40ml, and it takes nearly five minutes for even a drip to come out... Is this normal? I thought prolactin was high over night and that your highest yielding session was likely to be at night?

X

In general yes but I know that my 1am pump (if LO couldn't latch) would yield hardly anything whereas at 4am it would be pouring out - so something tripped between those times so I guess everyone is different.

Regarding not making enough, there is an 'exclusive pumping' sticky at the top of this forum that might be a goo read for you. I know I've heard people on here say things like you have to pump for an additional 10minutes after nothing comes out if you are still in the stages of building your supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->