Milk substitutes for older baby.

megrenade

Reaction score
I *finally* got somebody to put Jericho to sleep.. my mom rocked him with a bottle (2oz) of chocolate milk and he actually fell asleep. BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT for him, considering I've had to nurse him to sleep every night since he has been born.

I want his grandma (my mom) and his father to be able to put him to sleep in the next few months before his little brother or sister arrives, but I'd really he rather not have large amounts of dairy milk. He has no allergies or sensitivities to it, I just don't like the idea of giving him extra hormones (which he gets from my breastmilk) and antibiotics.

I'd pump, but don't respond well & sold mine before we found out I was pregnant :dohh:

He's 17 months, so I'm not sure what my options are. I'd love if I could pump large amounts of milk.. but I can't.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you ladies :flower:

What do you plan on LO having instead of breast milk when (if) he stops nursing? I'd give him that. You could try rice milk, soya milk, raw goats milk?

Rice milk isn't recommended for toddlers or children under 5 because of the arsenic content.

https://www.food.gov.uk/science/research/surveillance/fsisbranch2009/survey0209#.Ul0ZORb3A4a

For those that like sources!

Rocked with chocolate milk :rofl: That is soooo something my mom has done too :rofl:

Coconut milk worked for us.

My LO drinks cocunut milk here and there but still breastfeeds and nurses to sleep x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->