Millies birth story!

JSinclair

Reaction score
I have at last a few minutes to post Millies birth story.
I had arranged to meet my work mates for lunch on the weds 26th may,had a lovely lunch and a catch up and then decided to go swimming afterwards(lucky to have a pool at work!),which was lovely especially as I'd been feeling so heavy and my ankles and legs had started to swell,I'd been swimming regularily throughout.I then got home and cleaned the house and pottered about,cooking tea ready for my husband to come home.
We went to bed at 10.30 and just as I got into bed I felt a wierd internal pop,my waters went all over the bed!,OH went and got a towel and I managed to run to the bathroom towel between my legs,leaking as I ran!!,I had some mild pains but nothing major so decided to get back into bed(with a very thick towel this time!)I lay down and after about 10 minutes started to feel uncomfortable,so got up and lay on the sofa,contractions started irregularily through the night,meaning I had little sleep but i was so excited I didnt care!phoned the labour ward in the early hours and they said hang on until their painful/regular,which I did we went in at 06.30 had to go through A&E as thr main hospital was shut until 0830.Had my birthing pool room as requested and it was lovely,tv birthing ball,cushions etc and spotless.The midwife came and examined me after about an hour and I was 4-5cm!,contractions were every 5-6 mins by then but thanks to the birthing ball they were bareable.Decided to wait on the pool until further along as I was comfortable.Contractions continued but later in the afternoon they slowed and became irregular again,was examined and a good 5 cm by then and babys head right on the cervix,1/2 a fingers width!.The midwife said if I didnt progress would have to sit on the bed and have a drip to speed contractions up,this I wasnt happy with and decided to go for a walk instead,we walked down 3 flights of stairs and round the car park,then back up me stopping everytime I had a contraction!The midwife said I could have an epidural if I hadnt progressed as it would be a long night,got back to the room and they were much more regular and was told I was a good 7,phew!no epidural needed,it was about 6 ish by then.I then got in the pool but found the gas and air not as good for some reason(only just started on it then)and came out shortly afterwards and leant over the head of the bed,it was about 8 by now and I felt the urge to push so went ahead,the midwife was just microwaving her jacket potato and had to hot foot it back,then as millie came quickly she dropped all the delivery equipment on the floor!!millie was born at 20.30 May 27th weighing 6lb 8oz,2 weeks and a day early.I had nothing but gas and air,no antenatal classes(my first was due on the day she was born!!)and didnt think it was bad at all!,a tiny tear and that was it.She is gorgeous and we were out the next day and I was bridesmaid at my sisters wedding the next!!!..Looking forward to having another one in a year or two!!

Congratulations! And you are nothing short of superwoman, managing to be a bridesmaid two days later! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->