Mini La La inserts... UPDATED PG 2 *Pic added*

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
Is it just me or are they not quite wide enough for the nappy? :shrug: I havent done many prewashes so I know they arent full absorbancy yet but it leaked at the front and there didnt seem to me any insert covering the side front part iykwim? xxx

yes i have noticed this - i have also noticed some wicking too. is daisy a heavy wetter. leo is don't know if that makes it worse :wacko:

Shes not a constant heavy wetter but can be at times... I even used the booster insert :shrug: Wonder if the BG inserts will fit better? cause I LOVE the nappy itself :( xxx

Its funny I was thinking exactly the same thing. I had to give up my issy bears cos of wicking I was gutted, but they were driving me mad cos of it.

Let me know how you get on

:blush: what is wicking?

I'll try a BG insert when I have a fresh one, and defo let you know.. I have 3 mini lala's would be a shame to let them go :( xxx

the wicking i am referring too - if i am correct is when the outside of the nappy - ie the cotton material with the print starts absorbing the wee and then gets wet x

Oh thank you, yes this is what happened with us this morning :( xxx

I agree that the insert is a little small. but I haven't had any leaks.
however, i noticed that the plastic bit of the inside of the nappy (PUL) is starting to come loose from the fabric itself on mine.

i noticed it too but it hasnt been a massive issue, i like that it keeps it trim between the legs :D

DM2 do u not find it makes his trousers damp not that Leo has had any on much recently!!!

make sure you have the insert popperd to the max of the rise the cover is on and they shouldnt move around too much...Im with DM2, I like how slim they are between abs' legs...makes them a good fit under her jeggins :haha:

Try using the booster too, and the extra 'folded over' bit from poppering to fit the rise should go at the back. If she pee's to the side the PUL makes it run to the insert, so I only get wicking occasionally if she literally on her side and does a big wee :rofl:

I always use both inserts & never have any problems, unless she's been in them for too long & it's my fault for not changing her :rofl:. I love how trim they are.

omg I think I have the wrong insert sent with it :growlmad: I just received my fluff from twigs (thank youu :) ) but the insterts are COMPLETELY different :( The ones in the ones twigs sent are a browny colour (bamboo) and stretchy with poppers, the one I have with the one I bought from OZ too, is a skinny white insert which goes out of shape easily :dohh: do they do 2 different inserts? :( x

They are different?! Thats strange....the insert I got with the Black Damask from the same shipment is the same as all my others?

Can you take a pic and i'l tell you which one is the 'proper' one? Although not all inserts will be identical, they will vary slightly with production lines....but since you've got all 'old style' designs the inserts should be the same template....hmm, how odd

The proper insert for the old design is really long, creamy coloured (shouldnt be bright white as its 'natural' bamboo) and have 4 poppers on it, 3 one end and one at the other to adjust the size. Also should come with a booster of the same material...

I'll try take pics now but I'll have to put them on fb first as thats the only way can upload without a lead :dohh: the ones from u say mini lala on the insert the other one doesnt that I ordered from a different site seperately x

Just put them together to take a pic on the white one is quite a lot shorter too :wacko: x

I have 2 I bought from C&C at different times and mine are different sizes, one longer then the other, I just assumed they updated them at some point, but I agree that they do seem a little on the skinny size.

Edit - just seen your pic and mine are both like the top one, bamboo with poppers on, even tho mine are different lengths!

woah- that small skinny white one definitely is the wrong one! Theres not even poppers on it?!

The top one is the same as all my others and iv got 5 of the old style Mini La La's....they are all like the top one.

Maybe contact the lady from the site you bought the one on its own from? Or your other option is to use the cover and put a different insert in it? Do you get on well with BBOS inserts? A BBOS has the same design...3 poppers one end and one popper at the other end...would work in a MLL I reckon! Is it absorbent enough for Daisy?

i have a mini la la with an insert like that one with no poppers too :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->