Mirena birth control

BrittBS

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
Hey guys! I don't know if any of you remember me! It's been a long while! Ashlyn is now 20 months old and growing like crazy! I got the mirena IUD at my 6 wk check up. December will be 2 yrs of having it in. I've been reading up on problems with it because my cycle is crazy! I believe it said a majority of the women that use it don't have a menstrual cycle at all after 12 months. Mine though comes and goes when it pleases and lasts for weeks at a time! For example.... My last one started June 26th and ended July 8th, so thats just shy of 2 wks. Now, 17 days later I'm spotting again! Does anyone else have this problem? I've read online that it can become attatched to your uterus and this is kind of scaring me that I'm bleeding so often! It doesn't seem normal at all.... I will be calling my doctor and talking about it but I just wanted to get on here and see if anyone else has this issue with it.

this is a well known side effect which happens to some women,unfortunately. Some women get no periods, some don't.

The IUS works by sitting in the uterine lining; it can't really 'attach to the uterus' unless it's put in wrong and perforates the uterine wall.

Id see your doctor to take it out if you're not happy
hth
xxx

ps I've had 2 with no problems (lucky)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom