Mirena IUD

C

charlie_lael

Just had baby no. 2 and looking into birth control. Wondering how people who have tried the Mirena IUD like it?

I just had my second one removed on Friday because we are TTC. I liked it though.. No periods for almost eight years. There were a couple of small side effects I had but the benefits way outweighed the side effects.

I had one for about two and a half years and I really liked it. I was always a little nervous though because I had heard a few horror stories but nothing bad happened. I had it taken out a month ago because I wanted to start regulating my body to TTC #1 and I have been always a little worried that it could affect my fertility but so far my cycles appear normal.

It's great because you end up with no periods, just occasional spotting, however that is sometime not great because you don't ever get the natural pregnancy test!

Another fan of the mirena here, I had heard lots of negative things as well but apart from the cramping I had when it was inserted I've had no problems at all with it plus no periods for 4 years :) will be getting it taken out soon as we will be NTNP soon but I would get another.

I had mine for two years and never had a problem. Took it out due to TTC, but it was my favorite BC I've been on. The cramps when it's inserted are terrible, but no periods or period symptoms for two years was enough for me lol.

I had mine for two years and never had a problem. Took it out due to TTC, but it was my favorite BC I've been on. The cramps when it's inserted are terrible, but no periods or period symptoms for two years was enough for me lol.

Can I just ask hcllabxlla how was it getting taken out? Did it hurt at all?

Can I just ask hcllabxlla how was it getting taken out? Did it hurt at all?

I barely felt it when mine was removed on Friday's the last time I had it removed almost 3 years ago I had another put in the same day.. That was pretty bad.

I had one for four years and loved it. i got it put in when DD was only three weeks old so my cervix was still a little open when the GP put it in. It was a bit uncomfortable but no worse than strong period pains - nothing compared to labour:flower:

I barely had any bleeding for four years. Got it out last week as we are going to start TTC soon. Getting it out was fine - less painful than a smear I would say and very quick. I definitely recommend them.

I had one for four years and loved it. i got it put in when DD was only three weeks old so my cervix was still a little open when the GP put it in. It was a bit uncomfortable but no worse than strong period pains - nothing compared to labour:flower:

I barely had any bleeding for four years. Got it out last week as we are going to start TTC soon. Getting it out was fine - less painful than a smear I would say and very quick. I definitely recommend them.

Have you started your cycle since having it removed?

I've had mine for about 4 months and so far I like it, it did really hurt when it was inserted but it was worth it.
I've not had a period, I get a bit crampy and bloaty for a day or 2 but that's it :D
I'd definitely get another, I was told that when we start trying for #2 to have it removed a few months before to give your uterus lining a chance to thicken or you're at higher risk for miscarriage.

When I got mine put in it hurt quite a bit, the doctor described it very accurately as being the worst cramp you've ever felt for 10 seconds, then it's over. I was spotting for about a month, maybe two, after it was inserted but the doctor said everything was fine, just my uterus contracting weirdly but that stopped. Then I stopped having periods mostly, just a bit of spotting here and there.

Getting it removed is not bad at all, just a quick tug, cramp, then it's done. I started my period the next day and now my cycles have gone completely back to normal after just one month. This month I'll be using ovulation tests to make sure i'm actually ovulating but I had all of the signs of ovulation last month so I don't think the Mirena caused any issues.

I would definitely recommend it!

When I got mine put in it hurt quite a bit, the doctor described it very accurately as being the worst cramp you've ever felt for 10 seconds, then it's over. I was spotting for about a month, maybe two, after it was inserted but the doctor said everything was fine, just my uterus contracting weirdly but that stopped. Then I stopped having periods mostly, just a bit of spotting here and there.

Getting it removed is not bad at all, just a quick tug, cramp, then it's done. I started my period the next day and now my cycles have gone completely back to normal after just one month. This month I'll be using ovulation tests to make sure i'm actually ovulating but I had all of the signs of ovulation last month so I don't think the Mirena caused any issues.

I would definitely recommend it!

I'm a week post removal and I've had spotting off and on... I'm just ready for my cycle to come.

I had one for a year and a half and really liked it. My periods were non existent and had very little side effects. Just had mine taKen out last month to prep for ttc. The removal was incredible easy and my cycles came back right away.

I've had one for a year and am getting it out in the next month or two in order to prepare for TTC but I have gotten on with it well. I think it has made my acne worse but I have never had clear skin so I was already very prone to hormonal acne but no problems apart from that. I have mine put in 12 weeks after I had my son and didn't actually find it painful, the worse bit was actually the speculum as I had some tight scar tissue from my episiotomy. I'm hoping my cycles return quickly but I will definitely be going back to the mirena after the next baby.

I have one in, it felt really weird the first couple of days,but I never notice it any more. I'm really dreading having it taken out though, I'm really squeamish and even though I've had it in for nearly 3 years the idea of one still makes me feel kinda faint

Getting it out is so easy... Barely felt it. I'm three weeks post removal and still have not gotten my AF.

Getting it out is so easy... Barely felt it. I'm three weeks post removal and still have not gotten my AF.

Hi Gagrlinpitt - did your GP/nurse mention anything about when to expect AF? I'm concerned that I've had mine now for 4+ years and not had AF for the whole time (she pretty much disappeared about a month after had the mirena inserted) I'm worried how when/if my cycles will return :shrug:

I'll be getting it removed soon as I am starting to get symptoms now that the hormone is depleting.

Hi Gagrlinpitt - did your GP/nurse mention anything about when to expect AF? I'm concerned that I've had mine now for 4+ years and not had AF for the whole time (she pretty much disappeared about a month after had the mirena inserted) I'm worried how when/if my cycles will return :shrug:

I'll be getting it removed soon as I am starting to get symptoms now that the hormone is depleting.

Between the two I had, it war in consecutively for 8 years. My obgyn told me it could take up to two months for my AF to return.

I had mine in for 15 months. Bled a few days after removal, then AF not long after. Next AF came 29 days later like clockwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->